SSC New Darth Maul Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
91dc24326cade92cb79cd5f508b89c38.jpg

Pic by Gary Tonge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious to see quality photos, he looks impressive, but there's a very airbrushy quality in both in hand pics shared out so far.

Curious to see quality photos, he looks impressive, but there's a very airbrushy quality in both in hand pics shared out so far.

Agreed. Paint looks very soft. Not crisp like last bust. A glossier look would be more accurate with sweating pores lol.

The original bust really felt like an actual human was in the room, I miss it, hated having to sell it.

Overall, I like this bust better, as cool as the teeth grit look on the original was, I like the more quiet threat look on Maul, and I think the improved the aesthetics on the shoulders and costume, but the paint apps, based on early photos, make it look unquestionably like a nice statue and not a piece where someone seeing it in your display might be creeped out out by the realism, the original felt like Park was in the room.

Overall, I like this bust better, as cool as the teeth grit look on the original was, I like the more quiet threat look on Maul, and I think the improved the aesthetics on the shoulders and costume, but the paint apps, based on early photos, make it look unquestionably like a nice statue and not a piece where someone seeing it in your display might be creeped out out by the realism, the original felt like Park was in the room.

maulcomp.jpg

I agree. The lack of length to the torso, mixed media and height of the first one are all drawbacks compared to the new piece.

Also, the original never really felt like Park to me for some reason. I think it might be the gritting teeth expression; he does this for maybe two seconds in the movie. He looks more constipated than menacing.

I always compare the new bust with the Cyberman version, and then I realize the new one is not really as it could have been.

It depends on what you like I guess. I was never a fan of the Cyberman personally. I don't like the dead pan expression, mixed media or paint application. It's also a bit undersized too.

I think the people that like this like an idealized version of Maul. If he were a real person. Not Ray Park the actor playing him. This doesn’t look like him, the first one was a scan but looks dated. CyberMan aced it looking like Park but it isn’t a menacing Maul. I’d prefer Park to idealized like SS. If I have to justify this much this piece may not be for me. I have $600 in RP I’ll put towards something else. And I love SS Maul pieces but not this one.

I think the people that like this like an idealized version of Maul. If he were a real person. Not Ray Park the actor playing him. This doesn?t look like him, the first one was a scan but looks dated. CyberMan aced it looking like Park but it isn?t a menacing Maul. I?d prefer Park to idealized like SS. If I have to justify this much this piece may not be for me. I have $600 in RP I?ll put towards something else. And I love SS Maul pieces but not this one.

Thats fair dude, while on the other hand i had both older busts and sold them off due to their size and my love for it. This on the other hand to me looks brilliant!

Anyone who pre ordered it here in Australia, its just arrived at Popcultcha!!

Congrats Rexi. If pictures or vids overlighted than looks the color not good to me, but otherwise it looks great. Im not really a DM fan but i like the bust and think about to buy it.

Congrats Rexi. If pictures or vids overlighted than looks the color not good to me, but otherwise it looks great. Im not really a DM fan but i like the bust and think about to buy it.

If you can get any sort of deal on it, id take it big time. Hes a beauty

Back