Statue 1/3 Prime 1 Studio - Jim Lee - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FFS!! Just found an email from Collectibles Direct in my junk folder saying the statue(fabric cape) is now in stock...sent last Monday! Could have had it by now! :slap
Paid now, hopefully gets here early next week.

FFS!! Just found an email from Collectibles Direct in my junk folder saying the statue(fabric cape) is now in stock...sent last Monday! Could have had it by now! :slap
Paid now, hopefully gets here early next week.

Lol at least it's on its way now, looking forward to pics

Any tips for getting the cape in? I literally can't get the clips in the damn holes! Just won't seem to fit.

All I can really say is to try and grab the clip as close to the top of it as you can so you can push it down as far as possible in the slot. You can't have a lot of cape along with it as the slot isn't thick enough. But have a bit of fabric, a lot of clip, and push it in as far as you can.

It's cumbersome, but it's possible. And do NOT try arranging the cape without 2 fingers pushing down in the clips to hold it in place. Unless you are REALLY confident it's tight enough to not come out.

Any tips for getting the cape in? I literally can't get the clips in the damn holes! Just won't seem to fit.

for me after trial and error/terror:lol I made sure I had a complete bend on both wires before trying to insert the tabs.Like a Hanger.That really helped it to not pop out.
After I had the bend I put the Head on and inserted the Tabs pushing as deep as they would go.And it never popped out while I was playing with the Cape.
Have fun.

The wires are not designed to go into the slots at all. Only the tabs. On my cape the wires were too far up the hem and too close to the tabs. I pushed the wires back down the hem to the bottom of the cape and that left enough room to bend at the tabs and put them in the slots nice and easy. If you do it right you should have about a half an inch clearance between the tab and the end of the wire at the top of the cape. When futzing the cape you'll have to hold the tabs on place though, no way around it.
You can check my pics earlier in the thread for reference.

Last edited:
The wires are not designed to go into the slots at all. Only the tabs. On my cape the wires were too far up the hem and too close to the tabs. I pushed the wires back down the hem to the bottom of the cape and that left enough room to bend the tabs and put them in the slots nice and easy. If you do it right you should have about a half an inch clearance between the tab and the end of the wire at the top of the cape. When futzing the cape you'll have to hold the tabs on place though, no way around it.
You can check my pics earlier in the thread for reference.
This is my experience exactly.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions marvinmyles, Karnis and mva5580 :)

I can see now the wire has been causing the issue. I managed to get the clips in by lying the figure flat on his back and putting them in from the top, still I see it's not sitting perfectly on his shoulders because of the wire. How did you manage to move them down the cape? I tried but they didn't seem to want to budge.

I do actually like the cape despite the issues. The colour and material is really gorgeous, just need to come up with a much better pose for the long term.

Don't think I'll ever use the other two sculpts. The heat vision one does nothing for me and I don't really like him looking straight down. If I could change one thing it would be to lighten the skin tone on the portraits slightly but other than that he's perfection.

s1.jpg
s3.jpg
s2.jpg

looking real good sj2106.:clap

no matter what, Photo's do not capture how freakin' Awesome this Superman is in person.Can't wait to see the sculpted cape in hand pics of this BadBoy.

looking real good sj2106.:clap

no matter what, Photo's do not capture how freakin' Awesome this Superman is in person.Can't wait to see the sculpted cape in hand pics of this BadBoy.

Thank you and I'll try shifting the wires at the weekend...just gonna leave him for a few days now lol.

I wish I had the extra room for the sculpted cape but either way just grateful I could get this amazing statue!

In this case, yea, I have to say the fabric cape looks great. And it just provides more options with regards to posing it.

In this case, yea, I have to say the fabric cape looks great. And it just provides more options with regards to posing it.

The fabric itself is great. It's just the ridiculous way it attaches, or doesn't attach as is often the case, that lets it down.

Found this picture on facebook someone owns both sculpted and fabric.

Attachments

• sups.jpg
    sups.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 144
don't give up, keep fooling with it and you will find a good pose for the Cape.

as I mentioned a few pages back this Cape pose was out of frustration and totally by accident.I'm not fooling with it ever again.:lol

Attachments

• IMG_3039.JPG
    IMG_3039.JPG
    385.3 KB · Views: 143
Back