NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Predators Series 8 was two Dutch figures and a masked Jungle Hunter with improved articulation. That's likely still a bootleg, though.

Well damn.. I was wrong. I went and looked at my opened packages I kept and there was a series with jungle hunter with 2 Dutches. I hate getting old. :(

Amazon UK have the SDCC Albino Pred up on the site for £17.99 + 2.00 shipping

Sold by loud clothing who I think distributed them over here for NECA when the con was on

Not something I'm bothered about but figure it might help someone (they also have the NES Jason for the same price)

That blade vehicle is just a bad decision all around... why do that and at the same time say the rest of the p1 team wouldn't sell enough to warrant being made... just stupid imo. and these new comic preds are a no go for me, I just want the new p2 elder..

Neca is really boring me on the pred front. cool for those who like these weak ass designs but I just want the movie preds, or at least really good looking ones. I have a feeling they'll see a sharp decline in sales for most of wave 12 (especially that blade fighter) and certainly for wave 13... I wish theyd just wait a little bit and make wave 13 the avp stuff. I ve actually lost a bit of respect for randy lately

I'm agreeing with everything you say. What's going on? :lol

excuse me but who gives a ** about the aliens line? this is the PREDATOR THREAD

:wave

is the Blade vehicle featured in the comics or something?

or did Randy took that idea out of his butt?

many NECA ideas come from there... but not this one.
Did you know aliens and predators were in games, comics, books and movies at the same time?
Not that weird that were talking about ALIENS on occasion in here. :lol

:wave

Last edited:
I guess Randy thinks Kenner preds is some sort of cash cow :lol
Still can't believe they made the Blade fighter so big and at that price point.

Bring on the AVP!

you arent missing much...

Neca is really boring me on the pred front. cool for those who like these weak ass designs but I just want the movie preds, or at least really good looking ones. I have a feeling they'll see a sharp decline in sales for most of wave 12 (especially that blade fighter) and certainly for wave 13... I wish theyd just wait a little bit and make wave 13 the avp stuff. I ve actually lost a bit of respect for randy lately

This is why I Won't believe the AVP line is coming until I actually see them. What if wave 12 and 13 do really badly and that stupid Predator Vehicle doesn't do well? knowing Randy he will say they have to cancel the series.

Doubt it. We all know NECA like to milk stuff, and AVP is a dairy farm. One mold makes a full body for, at the least, eight figures simply by changing the head. Even if the Kenner lines tank you'll still get AVP.

Doubt it. We all know NECA like to milk stuff, and AVP is a dairy farm. One mold makes a full body for, at the least, eight figures simply by changing the head. Even if the Kenner lines tank you'll still get AVP.

Yeah but Randy has this thing against AVP, It's like AVP was a traumatic experience for him :lol

He kept saying that they would Not make AVP predators a couple of years back, He kept saying how they would do the other movies and they did AVP-R but no interest in AVP,
Until the fans kept asking over and over and he finally gave in.

So that's why I don't trust him and that is why he releases so many Kenner predators before AVP, It's like he is waiting the most he can or something. I know Kenner sells now but We should have had AVP Right after Predator 2 waves ended. Those molds should have been made a long time ago but Randy didn't want anything to do with AVP

I asked Randy that a long time ago if it would be possible and he said they would look into it. Now we got Bad Blood as a deluxe so I assume however well that figure sells will probably determine that. I asked him about the possibility of putting an LED in the masked head ( after the Shell Portal figure was released with the light up gun) since the portal gun and the Pred heads are about the same size and he said the size would work but no one would want to pay for the extra cost increase but he said he'd look into it. I then suggested they do a Jungle and City hunter deluxe with 3 heads all their accessories and some trophys and that I'd pay 30.00 for a figure like that and he responded with a RT of "what do you guys think?" It was liked and RT'd for days so hopefully they got the message.

Last edited:
Yeah but Randy has this thing against AVP, It's like AVP was a traumatic experience for him :lol

He kept saying that they would Not make AVP predators a couple of years back, He kept saying how they would do the other movies and they did AVP-R but no interest in AVP,
Until the fans kept asking over and over and he finally gave in.

So that's why I don't trust him and that is why he releases so many Kenner predators before AVP, It's like he is waiting the most he can or something. I know Kenner sells now but We should have had AVP Right after Predator 2 waves ended. Those molds should have been made a long time ago but Randy didn't want anything to do with AVP

Just my opinion, but I think their delaying AvP comes down to there being nothing left in the cupboard afterwards. As long as they can hang that over everyone's heads that "AvP is coming. ....Later" then everyone pays attention. Many fans probably get frustrated and buy Kenner stuff while they wait. They probably are making a lot of money by delaying and milking the filler to the point of riot.

Once the last of the main events (movie characters) have come and gone, a large number of fans will punch out on the line. Frustrating for us, but their success is proof their deviousness pays off for them.

NECA are releasing a lot of "deluxe" figs at the minute (robo, pacific rim, that freddy) so I think a jungle hunter pack is more likely now than it ever was, especially as now they've exhausted every jungle hunter variant they can probably do.

Sucks for the fans though, you know with NECA products that down the line there's going to be re-dos and probable improvements but it doesn't make it anymore palatable. Especially when not buying any of the earlier figs will usually result in early cancellation, vicious cycle.

Just my opinion, but I think their delaying AvP comes down to there being nothing left in the cupboard afterwards. As long as they can hang that over everyone's heads that "AvP is coming. ....Later" then everyone pays attention. Many fans probably get frustrated and buy Kenner stuff while they wait. They probably are making a lot of money by delaying and milking the filler to the point of riot.

Once the last of the main events (movie characters) have come and gone, a large number of fans will punch out on the line. Frustrating for us, but their success is proof their deviousness pays off for them.

that makes a lot of sense and right now that is probably the reason so you might be right now.

But I remember when there were talks about AVP here and Randy's responses to people years ago were almost like he had a grudge against the movie, I remember how someone even at Neca suggested AVP and he kept saying no, this was back when the 18 inch P1 was announced.

So since then I've always been kind of annoyed and paranoid about it

that makes a lot of sense and right now that is probably the reason so you might be right now.

But I remember when there were talks about AVP here and Randy's responses to people years ago were almost like he had a grudge against the movie, I remember how someone even at Neca suggested AVP and he kept saying no, this was back when the 18 inch P1 was announced.

So since then I've always been kind of annoyed and paranoid about it

I wouldn't say they're "devious," just making smart business plans to keep the company operating. As much as they are fans too, at the end of the day this is their job & not a charity. If you don't like what they're putting out right now, don't buy it.

I wouldn't say they're "devious," just making smart business plans to keep the company operating. As much as they are fans too, at the end of the day this is their job & not a charity. If you don't like what they're putting out right now, don't buy it.

I already acknowledged the business success of this strategy in the theory. That doesn't mean "smart business" is a squeaky clean excuse where people aren't allowed to use a negative words regarding specific instances. Heck, a LOT of "smart business" decisions are downright cruel and cold hearted. Big fan of NECA in many ways. Not so much in others. No biggie...

one thing is to make smart business moves and another thing is to sound like you dont want to do a certain line and dismissing questions about it until the fans flat out beg for it...

was making Carrie figures a smart move? who bought those? noone

one thing is to make smart business moves and another thing is to sound like you dont want to do a certain line and dismissing questions about it until the fans flat out beg for it...

was making Carrie figures a smart move? who bought those? noone

Yeah I never understood some of the licenses Neca make figs for. They've said in the past that Hunger Games, Twilight etc "pay the bills" but why is it that these are usually the figs that are clogging up the shelves even with heavy discounts? Is there some weird licensing where Neca are paid by the company to make the figs and lionsgate make money from the sales?

Aside from this I think it's stuff like this that in Neca's mind justifies them saying humans don't sell, and why we will never see a Harrigan figure.

Back