Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Toht image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I think Toht is one of SS better offerings. I was completely surprised when I opened it. Much better than the SS Indy straight out of the box.

So I did some work on Toht this weekend. I replaced the tie with a spare Two-Face/Harvey Dent tie and while not accurate it is an improvement. Lastly I've had a DID Becker trench on one of my Tohts, I had a normal and melty face displayed till recently, and although it's superior to the SS version in every way it's more on the green side than black. I started by taking a black Prismacolor marker to it. After testing a small area and letting it dry it seemed like it would work just fine so I applied an even coat to the entire thing. After I was done it looked far too shiny so I sprayed it with a dull clear coat and this was the result:

DSCF1205.jpg

The Becker Jacket looks great in the pic. I've been meaning to do mine but not sure which path to take. Don't know if I should try dying it or painting it. Hmm...decisions.

The Becker Jacket looks great in the pic. I've been meaning to do mine but not sure which path to take. Don't know if I should try dying it or painting it. Hmm...decisions.

I tried leather dye on a corner of the interior of the coat but being plastic it didn't absorb and just wipes away, which is why I ended up going with a marker/ink.

Looks good Rich, I have the Becker jacket too.

Yeah, the Becker stuff was pretty nice but now aside from the jacket it's all in my parts bin. Do you have yours on Toht?

Thanks for heads up on the dye. Think I'll try either acrylic paint or ink on mine.

Finally finished my Toht after years of having it sitting around unpainted and wanted to share. I tried 3 times and never was satisfied with it until now. Also found these glasses at Justice Fighters several months ago too. Thought they were perfect and I have no idea where they came from. Looks like they were machine etched with a plastic film for the lenses. Pics make it look a little softer than it is, but it'll do. Now just to repaint my Belloq in ceremonial robes and Dietrich...

DSC00681.jpg

DSC00693.jpg

DSC00697.jpg

DSC00699.jpg

Looks great. I'm still ticked that I sold most of my Indy collection.

Damn Earl, that's fantastic! Hard to improve a great figure, but you rocked it!

Hey sorry for the late reply, but thanks a lot everyone for the kind words!! Glad I could finally paint it and be satisfied with it. I did find my first repainted head attempt laying around covered in layers and layers of flesh tone. I should post a before pic haha

Don't really mean to necro but I just scored an Ex for $97.00. I sold alot of my collection and wanted to get a few back-still looking for Young Indy.

Don't really mean to necro but I just scored an Ex for $97.00. I sold alot of my collection and wanted to get a few back-still looking for Young Indy.

That Toht's an old style fig but sorta cool. The SSC ark not so much.

Back