Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or maybe the M just stands for "Man".

Yeah, I think it's supposed to be "man" to the H's "He" - LOL.

About making movie He-man from some of this, Mattel has already said they aren't interested in workarounds. :( They could possibly have some loopholes on Skeletor because of that costume's appearance in Star Comics, but they aren't pursuing that.

I am going to go with the "m' standing for 'member'.

I showed this to Toy Guru some time ago and he dug it. It uses existing parts too. Weather they would go ahead with it is anyones guess.
I think Skeletor would be even more diffucult.

21_full.jpg

There is a custom skeletor on Google that is pretty cool, never seen that movie tie in he man, pretty cool.

Never knew wb held the rights to movie figures, can't imagine why they would not licence them, its more cash in their pot.

There is a custom skeletor on Google that is pretty cool, never seen that movie tie in he man, pretty cool.

Never knew wb held the rights to movie figures, can't imagine why they would not licence them, its more cash in their pot.

IIRC, Scott said they approached them, but the sales and profit numbers were too low for them to even consider it, apparently. I remember hearing a lot of rumors that they'd gotten the movie rights and were holding off on them for 2015 or something, but the fact that they basically told us to not even bother putting those options in the .Org's 2016 and beyond poll seems to squash that.

I'd love it if it were all a ruse and they did have the rights, but I'm not holding my breath.

I think ALOT of the Movie designs pretty much sucked....Gwildor was annoying too.They could of easily just used traditional characters like Tri-klops,Mer-Man etc but instead we got crappy stuff like Karg,Saurod,Blade wanna-be tri-klops and terribly costumed good guys (Teela and MAA looked nothing like their characters)...even Beast Man sucked as did the whole movie mostly....Skeletor was the only cool (looking) in the movie

It's weird. As a kid I was really disappointed that familiar characters weren't there or were unrecognizable. But today I appreciate a lot of the designs more. I always loved Saurod though. I still think he's a cool design. But I really like the designs for Skeletor, He-man, Evil-Lynn and God-Skeletor. Really those 4 are all I'd really want besides the ones were getting.

Huh, I never noticed the "M" on his belt. Wonder what that's about.

Mattel?

Fun fact: the early GI Joe o-ring figures had "H" on their belt buckles, which was apparently some kind of in-joke/reference to Hasbro. Maybe the same thing.

It's weird. As a kid I was really disappointed that familiar characters weren't there or were unrecognizable. But today I appreciate a lot of the designs more. I always loved Saurod though. I still think he's a cool design. But I really like the designs for Skeletor, He-man, Evil-Lynn and God-Skeletor. Really those 4 are all I'd really want besides the ones were getting.

I always thought they were cool designs, personally. I never preferred them to the originals, but I liked them for what they were, especially the bad guys. Blade was my favourite... Saurod was up there too. I always thought Kargg (sp?) reminded me of Bea Arthur, though...

I never really looked into it much but was there any reason why they didn't use the actual characters?

Is the Loo-kee and Kowl 2-pack part of the 2014 sub or just available as early access for subscribers?

EDIT: Nevermind, saw the answer.

"Not available in the 2014 Club Eternia® or Club Etheria™ subscriptions. These figures are only offered intermittently on MattyCollector.com, with no guarantee of availability at any specific time."

Last edited:
CAC runner up----honestly don't see how Castle Grayskull beat some of these guys like Major Header and RA-JAR below!

rajar3333333333333.jpg

Ra-Jar actually feels like a MOTU figure. The eyeball and net chick really are depressingly bad.

We have a slew of utter rubbish heading our way I fear.

Ra-Jar actually feels like a MOTU figure. The eyeball and net chick really are depressingly bad.

We have a slew of utter rubbish heading our way I fear.

Mattel just trademarked Scott Neitlich's Robo-woman (which he created by the way) who is in the mini-comic of UNO

maybe next year's mini sub will be CAC characters.....I definitely would want Major Header,Bubblor,Ra-jar and Hans Hammer Gimli looking dude (who was also recently trademarked)

Mattel just trademarked Scott Neitlich's Robo-woman (which he created by the way) who is in the mini-comic of UNO

maybe next year's mini sub will be CAC characters.....I definitely would want Major Header,Bubblor,Ra-jar and Hans Hammer Gimli looking dude (who was also recently trademarked)

I just can't see that. It would be beyond idiotic to do that with so many characters people want that they've known about for more than two seconds. I actually like some of the new guys, but I'd want them after 2016. I'd want them after some of the NA mutants.

I just can't see that. It would be beyond idiotic to do that with so many characters people want that they've known about for more than two seconds. I actually like some of the new guys, but I'd want them after 2016. I'd want them after some of the NA mutants.

honestly,I wouldn't get your hopes up for 2015 or 2016 and beyond....I know the line isn't finished yet,but I can't see the line going forward after this year other than what is shown at SDCC....With Higher figure prices certain,plus higher overpriced shipping costs,with 1982-1985 MOTU lineup completely done(the most important years of MOTU),then Folks sick of DR,C and D list characters now being called A-list?,when they're not really.Not to mention that trying to sell figures you don't want even at cost or less is very difficult.The Best of this line is basically done after this year.Are these figures now worth $40-42 each after shipping then too?? I think 2015 is going to be a tough sell and who will be the big Draw now to sell subs? Tung Lashor should be this year.Nobody in POP will do it,and Dragstor,Multi-bot and Ninjor have no power, but can just be cherry picked day of
I think MOTU has peaked and the interest is all about to die

Back