Mad Max: Fury Road

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mad max: Fury road trailer

No worries. :lol

Look - I'll say this at least, I should be a little more accepting of other people's opinions on certain things sometimes, but blanket panning is just nonsensical.

That said, I've always gotten along with D6, so maybe I should give him a free pass on this one, since he's provided us with so much LOLGIF goodness over the years. :lol :duff

Devil is completely yanking our chains. The clue is when he says that Beyond Thunderdome was cool.

I have too much respect for him to lose if he's not.

I always try to be open-minded about the opinions held by others that might differ from mine. You think that sculpt looks like Harrison Ford? Ok, no worries, we all see different things! You're an Iron Man completist excited about buying half an Iron Man figure for a workshop dio? Sure, why not?

Two words about Thunderdome: Tina f **king Turner.

Devil digging on Thunderdome over Mad Max would be like discovering that your best mate is a closet furry. You can still be friends, but sharing a beer could never be the same again.

Duly noted.. but I'll let the man himself weigh in I think. The first part of his response to me seemed pretty anti MM1. :huh

If my powers of perception have indeed failed me on this one, then my apologies D6. :lol

Duly noted.. but I'll let the man himself weigh in I think. The first part of his response to me seemed pretty anti MM1. :huh

If my powers of perception have indeed failed me on this one, then my apologies D6. :lol

Thing about Mad Max is that it's a quintessentially Australian movie that is closely aligned with Australian history and identity. Mad Max 2 was more like a Western, which is why it resonated with US audiences.

Devil's entitled to his opinion of course, but it's one that comes from viewing the films through an American lens. Yanks will never 'get' Mad Max like Aussies do.

Thing about Mad Max is that it's a quintessentially Australian movie that is closely aligned with Australian history and identity. Mad Max 2 was more like a Western, which is why it resonated with US audiences.

Devil's entitled to his opinion of course, but it's one that comes from viewing the films through an American lens. Yanks will never 'get' Mad Max like Aussies do.

yeah, this would make a lot of sense

I like shaved Charlize with robo-arm. Might see at home if R-rated.

Surprised at how good this looks based on that trailer. There are like ten actors I would have preferred over Hardy in this role, but he's been solid in everything I've seen him in so I'm sure he'll do fine.

I never thought the Mad Max trilogy was that great, but the first film is my favorite.

Surprised at how good this looks based on that trailer. There are like ten actors I would have preferred over Hardy in this role, but he's been solid in everything I've seen him in so I'm sure he'll do fine.

I never thought the Mad Max trilogy was that great, but the first film is my favorite.

at least it wasn't freaking sam worthington :mad:

we should count our blessings on that one

I LOVED it- looks really stunning...fingers crossed

Looks like the entire movie is practically the last 15 min of Road Warrior. Crazy!

Can't effin wait.

Yeah I don't like him, but the film looks too good for me to not give it a chance.

at least it wasn't freaking sam worthington :mad:

we should count our blessings on that one
Can't stand Sam Worthington. What ever happened to him? He was in three popular films (Avatar, Terminator: Salvation, Clash of the Titans) then poof...vanished.

Yeah I don't like him, but the film looks too good for me to not give it a chance.
I don't dislike him but I don't like him either, if that makes sense. :lol

I think he's a good actor though.

Back