ALIEN Collectors Edition Book?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This intrigued me when I saw it in the newsletter, as I hadn't heard about it before. Then I saw the price, like all here, and went :horror

With this hitting upwards of $400 with shipping just for a book cover? That's nuts. Add on that the cover itself doesn't even look that great, and is bound to have scuffs and such, and yeah...just a bizarre price to throw out there without saying, "And there are only 50!" And even with that limited number it'd still be insane when you can get the regular edition for $50 soon enough.

View attachment 130487
Where did you get the 50 number from? BBTS is also carrying it for the same price. There is no mention of a number...

He didnt mean they were only making 50. I think he meant like yeah heres this book for over $300. Theres nothing truly special behind the reasoning like saying yeah its a super collectible piece with a low edition size. I believe that insight is banking on the fact that us alien collectors will collect anything regardless of price.... Do.t know about you guys but as a super fan even i think and consider what i buy and what i dont. And what i definately DONT NEED ... Is a $300 book. Unless its a first edition wizard of oz or the divine comedy hahahaha.

He didnt mean they were only making 50. I think he meant like yeah heres this book for over $300. Theres nothing truly special behind the reasoning like saying yeah its a super collectible piece with a low edition size. I believe that insight is banking on the fact that us alien collectors will collect anything regardless of price.... Do.t know about you guys but as a super fan even i think and consider what i buy and what i dont. And what i definately DONT NEED ... Is a $300 book. Unless its a first edition wizard of oz or the divine comedy hahahaha.

Yep, that's exactly what I meant. I was saying that having that price without saying it's an ultra-low numbered collectable is just silly. Even if there was a low edition size, and no other way to get the book, I still wouldn't give this a second thought at that price.

Yeah, I was looking for an edition size and expected a very low one for that price.

I'd be surprised if they managed to shift 50.

I'd be shocked as well. I mean, there are definitely people who are comfortable in life with their finances and can do with them what they wish...but that's pretty much throwing away money. It looks okay to have on show, but that'd be in the realm of $100 or so. $400 for a book you're scared to open so nothing gets scuffed...well, that's a tough sell.

I'll save my $300 for a (hopefully to be released) new HT Big Chap figure. Just can't rationalize spending that on a book like this.

The price is too high. Ok.
My most concern is the content... Not sure there will be fantastic new things inside... It's a "no way" buy for me on this...

I love collecting film books, but now the prices are getting insane on these as well. If you think this Alien book is high priced, take a look at this: https://www.taschen.com/pages/en/ca..._of_stanley_kubricks_2oo1_a_space_odyssey.htm

See, now THAT is somewhat understandable. $1000 is a LOT of money, and it's not something I have on hand to spend freely; but at least you get film stills from the movie, an autograph, the original screenplay, production notes...things like that. Things that hold value to a collector who LOVES the movie that the book is about. It doesn't have to be worth it on the aftermarket if it's that worthwhile as a collector that you'll cherish it. That said, this Odyssey one will probably will sell for about the same on the aftermarket for those who missed out.

This Alien book is just like all of those "Vault" books that has made up additions thrown into them. They're fun to own, and cool to flip through, but they're not official. It's not like we're actually getting Hudsen's release forms or whatever. It's all just fluff for fans to feel more immersed in the world. That's the main reason why this should've landed at lower than half the cost of what they're asking now. The stuff inside is arguably worth the $50 asking price of the regular edition, but there's no way this is a $300 sculpt on the cover.

Hell, the Kubrick book is almost 1400 pages! This one doesn't even hit 170.

The price on this is absurd. That combined with the garbage sculpt makes it a BIG pass for me. I'm sure there's nothing in this book we haven't seen yet.

See, now THAT is somewhat understandable. $1000 is a LOT of money, and it's not something I have on hand to spend freely; but at least you get film stills from the movie, an autograph, the original screenplay, production notes...things like that. Things that hold value to a collector who LOVES the movie that the book is about. It doesn't have to be worth it on the aftermarket if it's that worthwhile as a collector that you'll cherish it. That said, this Odyssey one will probably will sell for about the same on the aftermarket for those who missed out.

This Alien book is just like all of those "Vault" books that has made up additions thrown into them. They're fun to own, and cool to flip through, but they're not official. It's not like we're actually getting Hudsen's release forms or whatever. It's all just fluff for fans to feel more immersed in the world. That's the main reason why this should've landed at lower than half the cost of what they're asking now. The stuff inside is arguably worth the $50 asking price of the regular edition, but there's no way this is a $300 sculpt on the cover.

Hell, the Kubrick book is almost 1400 pages! This one doesn't even hit 170.

I agree with you 100%-I wish I had the financial means to purchase the 2001 book-Taschen usually makes much more affordable versions of their Elite books a few years after initial release-keeping my fingers crossed on this one

I agree with you 100%-I wish I had the financial means to purchase the 2001 book-Taschen usually makes much more affordable versions of their Elite books a few years after initial release-keeping my fingers crossed on this one

That would be great to own, but a regular edition would be perfect for my budget.

Regular for me. I don't even display books anymore. I'm going to be taking out my bookshelves for more room for props and collectibles :rock2

902252-alien-the-weyland-yutani-report-collectors-edition-001.jpg

902252-alien-the-weyland-yutani-report-collectors-edition-002.jpg

ICL10000.jpg

902252-alien-the-weyland-yutani-report-collectors-edition-010.jpg

902252-alien-the-weyland-yutani-report-collectors-edition-008.jpg

902252-alien-the-weyland-yutani-report-collectors-edition-003.jpg

902252-alien-the-weyland-yutani-report-collectors-edition-012.jpg

902252-alien-the-weyland-yutani-report-collectors-edition-005.jpg

902252-alien-the-weyland-yutani-report-collectors-edition-004.jpg

As a huge alien fan, I would love to have and display this book but the price is shocking:eek For this kind of money, I could just about buy the next in series Alien LSB (when that happens) from Sideshow. Any chance there will be a version without the fancy sculpted cover and stand that might be affordable for us mere mortals?

Back