1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good call, seamless legs too (not that that is relevant for Ripley). Never seen an Ada Wong in hand, but mostly looked good in photos.

I actually want an ADA WONG, but haven't had the chance money wise to pick her up.

Would be down for an RE6 version, which I seem to remember HT teased..
ADA-WONG-RE6-resident-evil-31112566-800-800.jpg

/derailment

Im just hoping they dont come out at the SAME TIME! that would be grrrr on the wallet..

The Power Loader and Ripley from Aliens? They're most definitely coming out at the same time. Combo and individual I'd think. Or just Combo and Ripley. If you mean Alien Ripley and this combo, then I'm not sure. They could come out at the same time just for a bit, "Check out this Alien stuff!" OR they'll stagnate it in hopes to give enough time to get some double dipping from those who may otherwise only choose one.

I still reckon she looks like Adrienne Barbeau like the NECA figs too.

If its priced at $600.... It will be priced out of the market. Look at threeA they produce robots that are over 20inches tall with some of the most insane paint apps in the industry for $4-500. I for one would love this piece for my collection... But if at assumed price of $600 they can keep it. For $500 i may be interested... $450 ill be a day one buyer. Hot toys and sideshow are both going ham with their new prices... Its a niche market and their making the most of it by knowing well pay top dollar for our prized possesions. As long as their done 100% accurate thats justifiable... But when products are maybe 80-90% perfect .. the price should reflect that. And hell if we all pay $600 for this dont expect the queen to go for less than $750 then.

Hot Toys prices are insane right now. I hate posting prices I'm willing to pay for this or saying how much I'm willing to pay for a figure that I want in my collection. Hot Toy's keeps an eye on this board and others taking note on what people are willing to shell out for there stuff. It's like the high bidder at an auction lets see how high we can go it's crazy.

Last edited:
totally agree with you on the prices, they are getting ridiculous but its only because people are willing to pay it that they are that high

From what I've seen - Hot Toys generally tends to be more generous in the value department with older/classic licenses versus whatever the hot new DC/Marvel product is; would y'all agree? ED-209 was $409 after all, while Igor is $509. To my eye though, the power loader is far more complex than either of those figures - and includes a full 1:6 scale figure as well.

$400 is what I'd probably realistically be willing to pay; anything over that and I'd settle for the Alien Ripley figure with awful sculpted cat accessory instead.

Could it be that the body is a placeholder for the actual final product? I remember the prototype of HT Nick Fury being on a figure body with white skin color.

Pity we won't find out if the pegs for those hoses are metal or plastic until the damn thing actually comes out because Hot Toys does not talk to fans at all.

And they'll probably be plastic again and they will all break.....again. Cynical prediction but not without justification.

Last edited:
Back