1/6 Hot Toys: Ellen Ripley - Aliens (with Power Loader!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Hot Toys Aliens Figures?

I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and see the official HT Alien Ripley thread with SDCC shots.
Sucks when everyone knows about it before you and you have to scramble through the 20+ pages in the thread to catch up. :lol

I see the "Newt" now right next to Ripley. Definitely looks like her.

I wonder if she'll come in a two-pack with Aliens Ripley and the power loader will be separate.

Not sure what I'll do if they show Ripley from the first film. Aliens, I've come to accept over the years, is simply my preferred film. A fully realised and ''deployed'' likeness of her from that film would be my first choice. But that's not to say an Alien version of her wouldn't be tempting if it nailed the likeness. Damn.....

Not sure what I'll do if they show Ripley from the first film. Aliens, I've come to accept over the years, is simply my preferred film. A fully realised and ''deployed'' likeness of her from that film would be my first choice. But that's not to say an Alien version of her wouldn't be tempting if it nailed the likeness. Damn.....

Sounds like you have some thinking to do.

Re: Power Loader and Ripley version 2?

Wow. I guess we gotta be thankful of the ****load of $$$ IM makes HT.

Amazing!

Sucks when everyone knows about it before you and you have to scramble through the 20+ pages in the thread to catch up. :lol

I see the "Newt" now right next to Ripley. Definitely looks like her.

I wonder if she'll come in a two-pack with Aliens Ripley and the power loader will be separate.

At a guess, they'll do something a like a set of both Ripley & Powerloader, and each separate. Tried that with a couple of the Avengers & DKR figures, IIRC? In which case, Newt in the set & with the standalone Ripley I s'pose..

Can't say I'd be hugely interested in a Newt figure. But a half-Bishop would be super cool. I've got a 3/4 finished custom Bishop (pre-hemicorporectomy :lol) that I'm pretty happy with. But a battle damaged one would be pretty sweet.

Re: Power Loader and Ripley version 2?

Wow. I guess we gotta be thankful of the ****load of $$$ IM makes HT.

Amazing!

Ehhh, no. Lets remember they were making their money from this stuff, these classic A&R licenses, before Iron Man came along. They are simply remaking it now because they can do it better....other than ED-209 apparently:lol

Damn Powerloader though. My old one isn't in the best of shape and I wonder would they have improved its durability on this new one, particularly the hose connectors and the shoulder joints.

This is of course assuming that we are indeed looking at Hot Toys products here....

I hope Ikea is paying attention to today's announcements.

They're going to have to make a ****-ton more Detolfs this year!

.....I wonder could these be NECA 2ups?

It'd be very strange to see them near Hot Toys stuff but.....

Damn Powerloader though. My old one isn't in the best of shape and I wonder would they have improved its durability on this new one, particularly the hose connectors and the shoulder joints.

The connectors will be improved, but the hoses will crack within two to three months of purchase.

How much was the old power loader? Would $499.99 for this new pair be a shocking price? I'd see Ripley coming in at around $229.99-$239.99...obviously more if she comes with Newt. That said, maybe the Power Loader comes with Newt. That'd up the cost another $100, in which case -- as cool as it it -- I'd rather do without the Newt :)

Can't say I'd be hugely interested in a Newt figure. But a half-Bishop would be super cool. I've got a 3/4 finished custom Bishop (pre-hemicorporectomy :lol) that I'm pretty happy with. But a battle damaged one would be pretty sweet.

If Aliens Ripley gets half a Bishop, then Alien Ripley better get pieces of Parker.

Amazing! Can't believe the announcements this year. Last two were so tame by comparison (wasn't following before that). Dang, love Alien and Aliens, but no new licenses for this cat!

If they bring out Aliens figures... Oh my. One of my all time favorite franchises.

Back