Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + Interview (X-Wing

You can argue they don't actually go very well together, as Bespin Han never shared a scene with Bespin Luke in the movie. ;) The original smuggler version is probably more marketable, plus it may be a decision handed down by the licensor. Regardless of which version of which character they choose, there will be a ton of complaints and praise for the a) hair b) face c) insert your own here

Thats what she said.:yess:

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + Interview (X-Wing

Looking forward to ANH Han as well, but there are at least several options available for him. Sideshow's has its flaws for sure (biggest flaws for me were the terrible buck body and high waisted pants), but is doing a nice job representing the look. The Medi one was always an option. And there's that new custom one being done which looks pretty darn good. The sculpt is being tweaked, but the outfit is fantastic.

Bespin Han only has the terrible Sideshow entry. The only other option for him was to get the Medi ROTJ Han, change the body and put the Sideshow jacket on him for a halfway decent Bespin Han.
All true - but as PP said, ANH is likely the most sellable given it's iconic place in time.

I don't think these companies always care about how worthy something is or isn't of an update, although of course to us folks it's an important thing.

I've given it some thought, and searched my childhood memories...all I could want from Hot Toys besides a dead-on ANH stormtrooper...would be Luke and Leia from ANH, just as they were about to swing over the Death Star chasm. I can't think of a company that could do it better. I would pay good money for that.

I hear ya. Like I said, I'm all over a HT ANH Han. Hell I'm in for any Han variant they'll do.

At least Sideshow's Hoth Han is coming!

I was hoping for some info on HT at the SW collectibles panel but they did not have any presence, Not even SSC mentioned anything about them. I read in another post that someone with "in's" to the licensing said that HT's efforts had been redirected to a possible DX from the original trilogy due to Lucas/Disney.

Overall on the panel I got the impression both from he LFL representative and the companies themselves that they were being directed into Original Trilogy releases as well as focusing on the new Rebels show (the Twilek girl and the Inquisitor both hold promise if they were done as realistic sculpts instead of the stylized CG faces they have in the show) as well as some additional stuff from the Clone Wars series (that was mostly SSC that talked about this, the other companies such as Kotobukiya are working on ANH foursome of primary heros along with things like sandwich and hard boiled egg shapers).

In the Q&A section some people had good questions for SSC reps.. such as:
Q:"Any chance we can start seeing more Stormtroopers instead of all these clones?"
A: "Yes."

Q: "Are we ever going to get back to the bounty hunters?"
A: "Definitely"

So super positive but zero elaboration on this type of thing from SSC

Absolutely ZERO mention of Hot Toys unfortunately so not sure where they fall within the SW Collectibles things since this panel was officially moderated by the licensing rep.

SSC can have all the Rebels characters. I will reserve judgement when the show comes out, but I have zero interest in Rebels or Clone wars figures.

Appreciate the first-hand impressions, Travis! +1 repped! :D

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

Good info, Travis.

Still making sense that DX Han Solo is the next HT release for Star Wars. They just got the license so they're gonna want to annouce something very soon.

tumblr_lwmh3bZUft1r24lq9o1_500.gif

I really am annoyed with people who bash on the prequels really I feel like someone had an honest disliking with reason then everyone else just said the same reason without any reason. The prequels have some of the best scenes in the entire saga like the pod race. duel of the fates and the episode III and II

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

Good info, Travis.

Still making sense that DX Han Solo is the next HT release for Star Wars. They just got the license so they're gonna want to annouce something very soon.

Hope they announce a dx rots obi wan would buy in a heartbeat

Yes I agree sideshow still has the right to make cartoon and Pf Star Wars figs but no longer can they make ep 1-7 figs

You don't know what you're talking about. Stop now before you make yourself look so foolish that you can never recover. ;)

I honestly believe that because of this sideshow will soon just end their 1/6 Star Wars line for good. The reason being is because sideshow has done this 3 times before every time hot toys gets one of their licenses they drop it. By the way the three previous drops are T2, Planet of the apes and platoon.

Everything about them is bad. Story, script, acting, vfx. Sorry not everything, soundtrack is OK.

Think what you want. I love the prequels and find them just fine. My favorite Star Wars movies are episode 3 and 4.

If it weren't for Sideshow, Hot Toys wouldn't be in the Star Wars game. Sorry, wouldn't be in the game at all. I'm sure Hot Toys will deliver some very nice SW figures going forward, but you can count on Sideshow being the most prolific licensor for these types of collectibles. Nothing they showed at SDCC will be out until next year and you can bet they have plenty more to announce in the months ahead - they all but confirmed this at SDCC. Or you can ignore the facts.

This license needs multiple producers to really shine, and for the first time we'll be getting the best on all fronts with the combination of Sideshow and Hot Toys. I don't think anyone in their right mind, including the people at LFL/Disney, would want Sideshow to stop making Star Wars collectibles, including 1/6 figures.

Think what you want. I love the prequels and find them just fine. My favorite Star Wars movies are episode 3 and 4.

I will. Let me know when any of the prequels make the AFI top 100 or when any one of them break an 8 at IMDB.

Last edited:

I really am annoyed with people who bash on the prequels really I feel like someone had an honest disliking with reason then everyone else just said the same reason without any reason. The prequels have some of the best scenes in the entire saga like the pod race. duel of the fates and the episode III and II

I'd call it consensus, not bandwagoning, so to speak. Lucas works best as an idea man. When left to his own devices and with total control, as was the case with the prequels, there's no one to tell him something is stupid and there's a lot more stupid in Episodes I - III than in Episodes IV through VI.

Note: Episodes IV - VI have 'stupid' in them, too... mostly ROTJ and moreso now since Lucas' tinkering. The fact that Ewoks tipped the balance for the rebels against a legion of the Empire's best troops is ludicrous and the whole song and dance scene at Jabba's palace is intolerable.

Back