Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + Interview (X-Wing

I doubt Vader is on their radar at this point.

I Agree.

I'd prefer the original cast of rebels come first (Han, Ben, Chewie - princess and droids can come later)....

I believe most people feel this way. If their smart then this is the direction they'll go in first.

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + Interview (X-Wing

HT Vader would make even the recent SS Vader look like a child's toy rather than a high end collectible. (that's just a hard cold fact)
cold hard fact based on what exactly.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

HT Vader will have a rubber suit. And will rot just like the new Robocop Robot Thingy.

Definite possibility. Good to have a balanced view point.

The only FACT that we can verify is that Hot Toys products, while looking great for the most part, don't have the same longevity as products from Sideshow (and some other companies), regardless of their faults. Hot Toys makes very questionable materials decisions and doesn't seem to stand behind their products for warranty/service. So while they're great artists, they have a long way to go as full-scale production company. Don't even get me started on the half-assed job in every single product they've ever put out that uses batteries.

Glad to have them on board with Star Wars, the license was really wasted with Medicom as of late. Together with Sideshow I'm sure we'll see great things in the coming years. I hope some of Hot Toys artistry and attention to detail rubs off on Sideshow, and I hope some of Sideshow's business prowess, service and dependability rub off on Hot Toys.

Definite possibility. Good to have a balanced view point.

The only FACT that we can verify is that Hot Toys products, while looking great for the most part, don't have the same longevity as products from Sideshow (and some other companies), regardless of their faults. Hot Toys makes very questionable materials decisions and doesn't seem to stand behind their products for warranty/service. So while they're great artists, they have a long way to go as full-scale production company. Don't even get me started on the half-assed job in every single product they've ever put out that uses batteries.

Glad to have them on board with Star Wars, the license was really wasted with Medicom as of late. Together with Sideshow I'm sure we'll see great things in the coming years. I hope some of Hot Toys artistry and attention to detail rubs off on Sideshow, and I hope some of Sideshow's business prowess, service and dependability rub off on Hot Toys.
good point remember they are working together and not against each other some people need to stop thinking that hot toys is taking over the whole project

I guess on the plus side I can now stop checking this thread religiously hoping for a glimpse of a HT figure. "Hopefully by the end of the year" from Howard Chan means more like a figure might be shown a SDCC 2015 :lol

On the plus side that figure will probably be incredible :lecture

Oh, and I'd agree with the overall opinion that any vehicles would be in a much smaller scale. I'm definitely intrigued to see what HT offers, but no ****ing way they'll be making an X-Wing. I believe Dorgmal's fuselage was pretty accurately scaled and it was 7" long :lol Not to mention something like that would weigh a ton just to be strong enough to support it's own weight.

Even if it was scaled more like the vintage Kenner it'd still be ridiculously huge. So just forget it people, but if you want your own start breaking out the tools.

That cant be 1/6.

IT would have over a 7' wingspan and just shy of 7'long.

Well unless that guy really tall.

THIS./ I think alot of people do not realize just how big a 1/6th Xwing would be, and are basing how big they THINK it would be on an up-scaled version of the old kenner toy. that thing was WAAAY undersized.

Hot toys X-wing will be 1/12th.

Also, cool to hear they're gonna stick to not competing with sideshow.

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Scale Figures from Episode I - VII Announcemen

The second paragraph in RED tells me that SSC's not done with Star Wars at all, and HT wouldn't want to step on the toes of the bull they sat on when they were just a small fly. I think HT and SSC might sit down and talk about which characters/character variants their respective companies would produce so as not to make conflict and directly compete, being the only companies producing high-end 1/6 SW figures.

Win-Win for everyone, mostly for the fans/collectors (with money to burn).

i don't get why that was ever even in question. Star wars, in any format, is a liscense to print money. to think that sideshow would stop just because hot toys started seems kinda uninformed.

Oh, and I'd agree with the overall opinion that any vehicles would be in a much smaller scale. I'm definitely intrigued to see what HT offers, but no ****ing way they'll be making an X-Wing. I believe Dorgmal's fuselage was pretty accurately scaled and it was 7" long :lol Not to mention something like that would weigh a ton just to be strong enough to support it's own weight.

Even if it was scaled more like the vintage Kenner it'd still be ridiculously huge. So just forget it people, but if you want your own start breaking out the tools.
Nah, it's gonna happen. And we're all gonna buy one.

So is this what Hot Toys is rolling out first with the new Star Wars license?
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Attachments

• 10453464_669185899816688_1654627241699070794_n.jpg
    10453464_669185899816688_1654627241699070794_n.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 621

I don't know why we need another vader?i would say let`s work on other characters like some cantina aliens some jabba skiff guards which we have none. I would like to see that kind of stuff done like lando in his general outfit , skiff outfit, and the mighty Chewbacca

Now THERe is an idea, and a plausable SW vehicle for hoot toys.

A ROTJ Skiff.

Start By announcing a jedi Luke figure, then a Tatioone Han and Jabba's palace lando, then double whammy of skiff gaurd and skiff.

Slave girl leia, i'd buy, even with rooted hair.

I have never been so happy to be wrong , I guess they will have something to show.:lol

If they are making X-Wing,they need to do Millenium Falcon too! The X-Wing will be 1/12 just like The Bat.Not sure about the Millenium 1/12. Probably way too big!

Back