XM Studios Comic Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess for me im a little bummed so far because I really like some of they modern edge they have put on most of their pieces. I think this Thor looks great but he also looks like a classic thor from an older age.

Wow, for real? Whole thing scrapped? Guess the writing was on the wall. We had full prototype assemblies without a paint job for a long time.

I'm not too bummed. There were things I liked about this, but I really did think it was the weakest of XMs pieces. Perhaps because it's the only one that was hand sculpted? (I think?). Just couldn't get behind the pose. It definitely looked like an older Thor, reminded me of his first appearance in Silver Surfer #4 or whatever it was.

I'm sure if they are scrapping it, whatever they do next will knock it out of the park.

Wow, for real? Whole thing scrapped? Guess the writing was on the wall. We had full prototype assemblies without a paint job for a long time.

I'm not too bummed. There were things I liked about this, but I really did think it was the weakest of XMs pieces. Perhaps because it's the only one that was hand sculpted? (I think?). Just couldn't get behind the pose. It definitely looked like an older Thor, reminded me of his first appearance in Silver Surfer #4 or whatever it was.

I'm sure if they are scrapping it, whatever they do next will knock it out of the park.
Journey into Mystery #83, but that Thor didn't have chicken legs ;)

Journey into Mystery #83, but that Thor didn't have chicken legs ;)

No, I didn't mean Thor's first comic appearance, I meant Thor's first appearance in the Silver Surfer series specifically. Just that iconic cover.

91874-thor_vs_silver_surfer.jpg

This speaks volumes about XM as a company. I never cared for this Thor from the moment I saw the sketch the statue was based off of. I actually give the sculptor a lot of credit...his sculpt looked pretty much spot on to the art source. It was the art source I had a problem with. The fact that XM is willing to completely scrap a project and start all over again, just shows us that they absolutely will not settle for mediocrity and care about what customers think about their products. My hats off to XM. If what I hear is correct...Sosa is working on this piece now. We can expect BIG things from this statue if that's the case. I have always been a HUGE Sosa fan. His skills are nothing short of amazing. This project is in very talented hands. I can't wait to see what this will look like.

All I want to know is if it is official that it is scrapped and starting from scratch or will ES jus tweak it?

Back