Why does sideshow politics refuse to replace superman pfex

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannibal247

Freakzoid
Reaction score
To sum up a long story
My first order from Sideshow was the Superman Pfex. and is the first of four orders.
The piece arrived with 4 out of its six parts damaged , everything from rubs ,chips scratches and paint that came off the statue and stuck to the tissue paper.
Of the replacements, I was sent a replacement base that had rubs for one with four chips, and still presently have a body with chips to the foot.

Getting to the point , Sideshow says they cant replace them for lack of parts, But I was told I could return it and purchase the regular Superman Pf that still available.
When asked why cant I just receive replacement parts from the Regular line which has a 5000 unit count and obviously a bigger replacement pool, I was told it wasn't common practice because it is considered a different item number, but the gentleman helping me , who I will say seemed very sincere, said he would ask the supervisor.

Obviously Im writing because the answer was no. Despite the fact I was a first time customer with 4 more orders up and coming, despite the fact that Ive been excessively patient and respectful to every rep that Ive spoken to. It didn't even matter that its my birthday gift..

I am very dismayed, disappointed and seriously question the message being sent , when the company can choose to assist a customer but chooses not to, and leaves them to be fleeced by the aftermarket.
But wait there's more...

The day I receive this news I just committed to a $600 Lobo purchase...

To add insult to injury, a ebay flipper I know just had his waitlist request for a Superman pfex processed

Somebody tell me how there isn't an obvious problem with the return policies when someone a week , maybe even month from now may choose to buy a defective Superman regular and get a replacement .. no problem
...Waitlists continue to get processed and for ebay flippers to make double
all before the new customer, who just want what he paid for... never gets it
Somebody tell me how the message Im not supposed to get is despite my first time experience and pending , Is that my business doesn't matter....

The smartest thing to do is return it and get a full refund. :lecture If they don't have enough replacement parts, then they don't get to keep your money.

This is why I caution against buying NIB from a second party if you plan on opening it.
Always insist from seller that all parts are present and intact.

Learned the hard way. I had problems with a hot toys statue. I bought a piece from SSC and had similar problems. They had one on hand but it too was damaged so no undamaged replacement parts were avialable and the piece was now sold out. They did apply the purchase price towards a new figure. Which was very generous since it was long past 30 days.

I agree with Centrocal make the best out of a bad situation. I'd ask them to apply the purchase price to a pending order.

Bones

I agree...
If they just ..ran out , of replacement pieces, what could I say... BUT

The Problem is, they DO have the replacement parts but refuse to use them, from the , not even shipped or sold out, regular Superman PF
The damaged parts are the base and body ... not the EX portrait.

They refuse to do it because "technically" its a different item. Which ,clearly, is semantics
That's why Im discouraged at their busyness practices and doing busyness with them

Its like me saying I cant pay you for the work you did because I don't have money in my checking, but I have $5000 in my savings

But I wont pay you from the saving because that's for somebody else to do a job they haven't even been hired to do yet...
does that sound fair?

Last edited:
Which Superman PF are we talking about? I'm fairly certain most pfs have one solid body, a base, and maybe a few accessories. With the exception of the switch out portraits or hands, the body is usually one piece making it nearly impossible for them to just send you a foot or arm. That doesn't even take into account that since the exclusive is cut to accommodate the exclusive features, it really is a different product. If they were to send you the regular version body, which would be the only possible replacement "part" they could send you, you would not be able to use the exclusive features on it. You'd have a solid Superman body with an extra head or whatever the exclusive feature is. I'm not sure if that answers your question but that's what I can gather based on what you've said. Like Centrocal said, the smartest thing to do is get a full refund.

Last edited:
the exclusive feature is the fiery eye portrait . fits the same as normal portrait. pieces that need replacing are the body and base at this point. Centrocals opinion is correct, but personally, the message im getting from them at this point is they couldn't care either way. its not the way a new or old customer should feel and bad busyness

They could not give you a regular body because that is a single piece. The head is not removable and cannot accommodate your exclusive portrait.

The issue probably is sometimes the regular statue will have a removable head, arm, whatever and sometimes it won't.
Depending on how they feel like making that particular piece.
They should go the extra mile actually check the regular and see if the head is removable.

I do not own a regular , but based on the fact that the packaging is such that the body is placed above the base in the Styrofoam and meets the edges on each side. that being the case, and the nine times out of ten times that they use the same packaging and just omit the extra...exclusive part, id have to take an educated guess that , the head isn't glued on. Unless someone has a regular and can say different... id bet on it

I do not own a regular , but based on the fact that the packaging is such that the body is placed above the base in the Styrofoam and meets the edges on each side. that being the case, and the nine times out of ten times that they use the same packaging and just omit the extra...exclusive part, id have to take an educated guess that , the head isn't glued on. Unless someone has a regular and can say different... id bet on it

The head is not glued on, it is connected to the body as one, solid piece. I can understand that you are upset with the way the customer service representative shrugged you off but you are missing the point. You are dealing in high-end collectibles of which only a limited number are made. The problem you are missing here is that there are no replacement parts to your PF so your only option is to get a refund. I know that this whole situation has turned you away from Sideshow but you need to discuss that with the customer service department. Every time I have had an issue, I got what I needed and followed their instructions on how to get it. So, call them or email them and settle it but know that you won't be able to get the exclusive.

So that I'm not confused, your saying that you have or have seen the regular, and unlike the ex which has a separate body and two portraits , the head and body are one and packaging is different.
I've been in contact dealing with them back and forth for over a month. No one said anything about the regular edition being one piece. I came here saying they can and wont, because the information given me is that the body is the same as the ex , but they weren't going t do it because it isn't policy. That said, I've been waiting for a call from customer services supervisor since last Thursday [?] after the absence of a response I came here...

So that I'm not confused, your saying that you have or have seen the regular, and unlike the ex which has a separate body and two portraits , the head and body are one and packaging is different.
I've been in contact dealing with them back and forth for over a month. No one said anything about the regular edition being one piece. I came here saying they can and wont, because the information given me is that the body is the same as the ex , but they weren't going t do it because it isn't policy. That said, I've been waiting for a call from customer services supervisor since last Thursday [?] after the absence of a response I came here...

Yes, they are one solid piece. That should have been made clear to you as opposed to "they are two separate items" like they told you. Being a new customer, you wouldn't have that information with your first PF. If you still want to speak with their supervisor, ask for an email address as opposed to waiting for a call back. Messages can get "lost" but emails are forever... except at the IRS. ;)

That makes sense... same thing happened with Indiana Jones. The exclusive had 2 heads and of course they were removable, but the regular edition came with the head permanently fixed in place. Now I'm sure you could remove the head, but if it was cemented in place I could see it possibly damaging the new body.

It's unfortunate, but sounds like there isn't much that can be done in this situation except get a full refund or do some repair work. If the damage isn't too excessive it might just be easier to fix it and move on.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Depends on what the EX is

To my knowledge, according to the supervisor of customer service, they don't even have the regulars as of yet. so there is no telling if the head is affixed or not, as of yet, so since they haven't received them as of yet they aren't making promises against them yet .Instead, they are checking for a new inventory again, and most likely , will be faced with a statue with more than several imperfections or a return situation. Not happy. hope they dig up something.. would be nice

No replacements found. item returned. replacement bought +$150 on ebay... FAIL

$150 lesson?
Always CHECK YOUR STATUES AS SOON AS YOU RECIEVE THEM ... and NEVER buy factory sealed... factory sealed doesn't guarantee anything

Always CHECK YOUR STATUES AS SOON AS YOU RECIEVE THEM ... and NEVER buy factory sealed... factory sealed doesn't guarantee anything

1hxgy8.jpg

Back