Emma Frost Hellfire Club Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The chalice is out. Its just the COH as per an SSC rep at Comic con

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Just another indication of their lack of care for the marvel line. Maybe Disney is being cheap with Sideshow, so they don't want to put in the extra effort.

Just another indication of their lack of care for the marvel line. Maybe Disney is being cheap with Sideshow, so they don't want to put in the extra effort.
Or they don't really care. This Emma PF is like an old WIP that finally saw the light of day. Like Jean

Or they don't really care. This Emma PF is like an old WIP that finally saw the light of day. Like Jean

I think this arguably looks better than Jean. The fur and draping cape are nice as well. As for the COH, if it turns our nice, then this will DEFINITELY be better than Jean.

I think this arguably looks better than Jean. The fur and draping cape are nice as well. As for the COH, if it turns our nice, then this will DEFINITELY be better than Jean.

IMO, Emma smokes Jean as is. Even if nothing else is added or changed on Emma, she's way better than Jean in my book.

They definitely put a lot more or should I say a lot less (in the right places) because everyone knows a half naked woman will sell more than a fully clothed woman. They couldn't make Jean sexualized so they went all out (literally) on Emma. However they still could have done so much better than they did

Yes perfectly said. Seems like something that was being worked on 5 to 10 years ago and just got released now. So ething about it seems not up to the modern sculpts. Seems hit like 5 to 10 years ago.

Yes perfectly said. Seems like something that was being worked on 5 to 10 years ago and just got released now. So ething about it seems not up to the modern sculpts. Seems hit like 5 to 10 years ago.
Okay 5-10 years is pushing it

They definitely put a lot more or should I say a lot less (in the right places) because everyone knows a half naked woman will sell more than a fully clothed woman. They couldn't make Jean sexualized so they went all out (literally) on Emma. However they still could have done so much better than they did

Jean done really well would crush this IMO. They just missed the mark by that much :lol

10534542_685712381516013_9063917787589463498_n.jpg

I don't mind the COH if that's it but I hope the bottom of the hair isn't quite that straight. Still a day one PO for me as is...

LOL! I hate to say it, but that's the only thing they got right with her hair on the COH portrait. Her hair should be straight (I mean, no waves whatsoever) and end above her shoulders the way it is in the COH. Take a look at the COM. A lot of peeps complained about helmet head with that piece but that's pretty spot on to how Emma's hair looked in the 80's era. Byrne just drew her with a shorter bob cut. I think she actually looks better the way Hughes drew her in the print for the COM. I like Emma with the slightly longer hair.

LOL! I hate to say it, but that's the only thing they got right with her hair on the COH portrait. Her hair should be straight (I mean, no waves whatsoever) and end above her shoulders the way it is in the COH. Take a look at the COM. A lot of peeps complained about helmet head with that piece but that's pretty spot on to how Emma's hair looked in the 80's era. Byrne just drew her with a shorter bob cut. I think she actually looks better the way Hughes drew her in the print for the COM. I like Emma with the slightly longer hair.

I don't mean straight like straight vs wavy, i meant just how it ends going around the bottom. I would prefer to see a few clumpings or strands poking out at the bottom.

I don't mean straight like straight vs wavy, i meant just how it ends going around the bottom. I would prefer to see a few clumpings or strands poking out at the bottom.
I know what you meant. 80's Emma had no strands or unevenness at the bottom of her hair. It was a bob cut that was straight all the way around from the top of her hair to the bottom (the bottom being straight all the way across too). It's really the only thing that SSC got right with her hair on the COH portrait. As it stands, it's really not accurate to her hair in that era but I like it anyway. It's completely understandable if you don't like it though. We all have different tastes as to what looks good or not. Especially when it comes to women.

The only nit pick i have with the COH is that I might not like the way she's looking up. I'll wait to see the finished piece before I can say I like it or not in that respect.

Back