XM Studios Magneto

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok so can someone list the ways to order this piece? Ive seen/heard of BBTS, simply toys, member kayorzz…has anyone used the online retailers and can go with them? Any advantages from one vs the other? Thanks VM as I need to have my info b4 the mags PO

When XM first came onto the statue scene, Secret Compass was the only NA shop to sell them so that's why I ordered Black Widow with them, then shortly afterwards Speculative Fiction was selling all 4 XM statues so I bought my Captain America from him (I've bought several statues from him, great service)... But then recently I saw that BBTS.com is about $100 cheaper then everybody else so I pre-ordered XM Hulk with them... So I'm kind of all over the board with my pre-orders :)

Keep in mind that Secret Compass and Speculative Fiction drop ship their statues, meaning their flown in, that's why they cost $100 more then BBTS.com who I assume is shipping theirs in over seas... So it will probably take several weeks vs few days when they're flown in...

Something to think about anyways...

When XM first came onto the statue scene, Secret Compass was the only NA shop to sell them so that's why I ordered Black Widow with them, then shortly afterwards Speculative Fiction was selling all 4 XM statues so I bought my Captain America from him (I've bought several statues from him, great service)... But then recently I saw that BBTS.com is about $100 cheaper then everybody else so I pre-ordered XM Hulk with them... So I'm kind of all over the board with my pre-orders :)

Keep in mind that Secret Compass and Speculative Fiction drop ship their statues, meaning their flown in, that's why they cost $100 more then BBTS.com who I assume is shipping theirs in over seas... So it will probably take several weeks vs few days when they're flown in...

Something to think about anyways...

is the only difference price? do both guarantee their product in case of breakage? and also anyone who is a reseller feel free to include your info and how your price relates to the resellers…Im sure and I know that a lot of people have been wondering for this info so if we can get it all in one place that would be great for us all going forward, cuz it seems we like XM haha.

Think I'll be using BBTS for Mags, Wolvering and Phoenix when they get released.
going to sound like a noob but i've got to ask anyways :)

when ordering thru BBTS, do they require a deposit ?...and if so, how much ?

No deposit required to po at BBTS. I've got BW po'd through them. I'm debating what to do about Magneto though. I prefer to wait for BBTS as it'll be cheaper but I'll have to wait a good while to get it. I'm planning on getting two. I may talk to Kayorzz once price and shipping costs are known. Shipping s the killer ordering from the Singapore guys. Magneto will as big if not bigger than Hulk. Shipping will be close to $300 if not higher.

No deposit required to po at BBTS. I've got BW po'd through them. I'm debating what to do about Magneto though. I prefer to wait for BBTS as it'll be cheaper but I'll have to wait a good while to get it. I'm planning on getting two. I may talk to Kayorzz once price and shipping costs are known. Shipping s the killer ordering from the Singapore guys. Magneto will as big if not bigger than Hulk. Shipping will be close to $300 if not higher.
thanks wanderlai
i don't mind waiting a little longer if it's a little cheaper...so i think i'll try to go thru BBTS

I've yet to decide which route I'm going. Secret compass, bbts, and kayorzz were my three choices. As mentioned before, secret compass has cheap shipping rates but are about $100 more. No prices yet from Kayorzz and bbts seems to be the cheapest of all, shipping included. One thing I like about the secret compass / kayorzz route is they can guarantee the coin which is something I'd really like to get but, I'm not willing to spend an extra $70++ just to secure one.

I need to see this painted, but I am 99% sure I am ordering this. I have already checked in with Kayorzz...not sure which route I am going to go, though. He seems like a trustworthy guy.

I emailed spec fiction, they said it'd probably be around $900 USD shipped for mags, but he's just guessing, and would offer some sort of discount for pay in full, etc…just to keep that in mind..

Krayozz does garuntee and send pics before plus by allowing me to give a $200 deposit it lessons the blow for me, plus if anything goes wrong its someone on the board I can message directly thats why I went that route plus it garuntees the coin and my preorder lol

Krayozz does garuntee and send pics before plus by allowing me to give a $200 deposit it lessons the blow for me, plus if anything goes wrong its someone on the board I can message directly thats why I went that route plus it garuntees the coin and my preorder lol

if we can get final prices (with shipping, estimated obviously) and guarantees that would be great from each place/person!

even including pay discounts etc

I need to see this painted, but I am 99% sure I am ordering this. I have already checked in with Kayorzz...not sure which route I am going to go, though. He seems like a trustworthy guy.

IndianaJones.jpg

The thing that bothers me ordering from Kayorzz, or anyone in Singapore, is what happens if the item is damaged? I know Kayorzz said he would help get any damage fixed with the XM guys but that's running up a monster shipping bill back and forth. Shipping costs are the reason Simply Toys said they can't offer refunds or help with a damaged item. Granted the XM packaging is top notch so the risk is reduced some. BBTS and Secret Compass have good return policies in a worst case scenario. There are pros and cons to whichever route you choose. I try to reduce my risk though.

when ordering thru BBTS, do they require a deposit ?...and if so, how much ?
No deposit required to po at BBTS.
I don't think it's happened to the other XM pieces, so I guess it will be the same for this, although rare, I think I've seen BBTS ask for a deposit before. The EX version of the Blitzway Bruce Lee comes to mind. But yeah, it's so rare that's the only example I can think of :lol

The thing that bothers me ordering from Kayorzz, or anyone in Singapore, is what happens if the item is damaged? I know Kayorzz said he would help get any damage fixed with the XM guys but that's running up a monster shipping bill back and forth. Shipping costs are the reason Simply Toys said they can't offer refunds or help with a damaged item. Granted the XM packaging is top notch so the risk is reduced some. BBTS and Secret Compass have good return policies in a worst case scenario. There are pros and cons to whichever route you choose. I try to reduce my risk though.

What's the return policy like with BBTS and SC?

FYI, when I sent the Capt flag back for touch up, KayOrzz paid for shipping, and XM is shipping it back at their cost, so no out of pocket cost for me. But then it only cost $14 to ship the flag anyways, it's not even a pound. If you are worry about cost, BBTS is cheaper on the heavy statue because well it's slower, but other US retailer can't touch the Singapore price. The difference itself is enough to ship the statue back. Does BBTS replace your statue, or just let you return it? Because I am not sure I want to save a few bucks and end up paying higher after market for it. Remember by the time you get it, it's a couple months later than other people. Beside some of the statues you are buying could be already sold out, no replacement. I would rather have full control of sending something back for repair/touch up even if it means it cost me a little.

Can a moderator start a new a XM section on the website. Then, can someone start a how to order XM thread. Every thread is the same questions and the same answers but over and over and over

I'm 99% sure that I'll be looking at all the great photos posted here while I cry on the inside because I won't have one.

Back