A Sad Time for UK Collectors R.I.P Whysoserious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_One

Super Freak
Reaction score
Guys,

This sounds like a funeral but I just wanted to post to say farewell to Paul @ Whysoseriousonline.
He has decided to close shop after many years and I know he'll be missed.....

I met him a couple of times and spent hours talking to him, he was my inspiration to open up my own store all those years ago.
He always had good advice for both dealers and collectors and nothing was too much trouble.

I'm not sure if you're a member on here Paul but if you read this, I know whatever you turn your hand to next, you'll make the best of it....
All the best pal :wave

Never bought anything from them but they were always a good option, do you know what's happening with their stock Lee?

He probably like the rest of us was struggling to compete with grey importers and rising costs sorry to here that another dealer is going down but at least he is not going down a disgrace. I wish you all the best for the future mate.

I think he just ran his stock down Tom TBH....
All deposits have been refunded too....

Damn another retailer gone down the pan, seems to be trend here in the UK in the past year or so, wonder if people are falling out with the hobby or just moving to different interests..

I'd bought some items from them in the past and they were a pleasure to deal with.

I think he just ran his stock down Tom TBH....
All deposits have been refunded too....

I thought the done thing was to run all your stock down 6 months before you announce you're closing and keep all the deposits?

I had an interesting email convo with Sandra back when I was running my website. Demanded an answer for her boss as to why they were getting special treatment because they were at the bottom of the review page and because I asked for a link before I'd write a feature for them!!??? Seemed to think I owed them something for some reason, it was very odd.

Ironic that you're buddies with them Lee as they are the reason I finally had enough of dealing with retailers and took all the links down.

Back