Some of my Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found more problems with this when setting it up so it's going back. Like they say on Dragons Den, I'm out. I've had enough and I have wasted far too much money,time and effort on this so adios amigos.

That sucks man!!!

I like your white bestas with tombo doors. That's what I am using.

Thanks. The problem is I will have to find an alternative as they stopped making the doors. I had to do a 4 hour round trip to pick up some the other day from the last shop in the country that had them in stock.

Got my replacement coming in a couple of weeks, I'm not holding my breath though as I don't expect it to get here in any better condition than the one I had. Hopefully I can finally get round to setting this up and take some pics and get to enjoy it but it has left a bitter taste after all the problems.

Well the saga continues. Picked up my replacement arms and surprise ,surprise one of them was broken. The thumb had completely broken off on one of the hands, luckily it was the opposite one to the one that was already broken so I now have 2 broken arms and 2 unbroken arms. Finally got to assemble this thing and managed to sort out the wobbling on the base, not completely but enough to make it stable. I had to modify the post for the head as it was loose and wobbling so I put some tape on it to make it thicker and now it is a tight fit and doesn't wobble. The money I paid for this thing I shouldn't have to fanny around doing what should already have been done.

Not that they care but Sideshow have lost my custom and anyone else I can convince not to buy their garbage products. I have so much of their stuff, a lot of it from years ago which is excellent but the company has gone to the dogs and all they seem to care about is their bottom line.

Shocking on a high end piece like this! Is the packaging not sufficient or do you think it's QC issues with the parts?

I would like to see pics of it complete :)

Shocking on a high end piece like this! Is the packaging not sufficient or do you think it's QC issues with the parts?

I would like to see pics of it complete :)

I think it is a bit of both really, the packaging materials i.e. the polystyrene is of the lowest quality possible and it just crumbles to pieces. I think if its kept on the pallet then you might have a better chance of not getting damage but mine were taken off the pallet and were turned on their side and the replacement box was just sent on its own so god knows what abuse it took. The polystyrene that holds the pieces is not taped together so if the boxes are taken off the pallet then you are going to get movement. I don't think SS intended for these to ship without a pallet but not everyone has a forklift at home, or in my case my LCS didn't either and the boxes are huge so it was difficult to store it until I came and picked it up.

I have some crappy iphone pics of it complete which I can post as I haven't taken photos with my camera yet. It does look impressive in-hand but the experience has been soured and I will be reminded of it every time I look at it unfortunately.

Sorry to read about all the problems you've had with this piece but wow... That looks so bad-@ss! :clap :thud:

Back