How to spot fakes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit like breast implants! :exactly: and they are fake! :yess: Mmmmmmmm.....:chug :lol

fake test. reply with real or fake above pic.

bouncing-boobs-gif-18.gif

gifs-give-bouncing-boobs-some-extra-oomph-06.gif

xlarge.gif

Nah, IMO stock photos are used for convenience, if I am a seller who have 100s of items I wouldn't set and take pictures of each and every one of them, and I like to buy from those people who use stock photos and/or the stock description of the item I am looking for because this way they commit to give me the exact same item.

I never use a stock photo and I kind of hate buying from people who do use them. I make it a point to say in my auctions that what you see is exactly what you will get. To me using a stock photo tells me the seller either has something to hide or doesn't really care about the buyer and just wants to get their stuff listed, get their money and move on to the next transaction. Weather that's really the case or not that's what it says to me.

Well i know China and Japan recast everything from watches to full size cars LOL!
But the are also recast's in USA AND UK.
But usually they try and reproduce the box and the foam packing in the box.
Recently i bought a starcraft Tychus Findlay statue on ebay listed as new.
The box had never been opened and i was very sceptical about this as it was listed for the original selling price.
They guy had good feedback but had never bought or sold anything collectible or statue related.
So after a few messages back and forth i found that he loved the game so much he impulsed buy the statue direct from Blizzard.
So i bought it and it indeed is 100% original.
I would always say communicate with the seller and if they are lacking communication and have no idea about the item then be aware.
Also if you can buy close to were you live on expensive items and can collect that is the best bet.
But just because a person has never sold such an item before does not mean it is a fake as it could be and unwanted gift or something like that.

Well i know China and Japan recast everything from watches to full size cars LOL!
But the are also recast's in USA AND UK.
But usually they try and reproduce the box and the foam packing in the box.
Recently i bought a starcraft Tychus Findlay statue on ebay listed as new.
The box had never been opened and i was very sceptical about this as it was listed for the original selling price.
They guy had good feedback but had never bought or sold anything collectible or statue related.
So after a few messages back and forth i found that he loved the game so much he impulsed buy the statue direct from Blizzard.
So i bought it and it indeed is 100% original.
I would always say communicate with the seller and if they are lacking communication and have no idea about the item then be aware.
Also if you can buy close to were you live on expensive items and can collect that is the best bet.
But just because a person has never sold such an item before does not mean it is a fake as it could be and unwanted gift or something like that.

most of the recast fakes i've seen for sale on ebay were from malaysia.

I bought a Ms. Marvel EX and a Cammy EX on ebay and I've been worried about both of them since I got them. The Cammy base is larger then the non EX Cammy and her paint looks like stickers. The Ms Marvel costume looks a little sketchy to me and so does the face. I guess they're both real though. They came in the original box and are hand numbered. I checked pics and they look real except for the lighting bolt on Ms Marvel's chest which looks more shiny

Back