Sideshow 1/6 Imperial Probe Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't own the Probot as of yet, but I don't mind the base. I'll see when getting the figure in hand.

Base reminds me of the good ol' Rockies. I'll have to wait until I see it in-hand to know for sure, but I've liked it since it was previewed.

Clear rod looks great (but at same time... enough complaining about the black one -- go buy a clear rod if you don't like it). Will definitely be going that route.

So what's the measurements for a clear acrylic rod?
Can anyone post the info?
Also where's the best place to get one?
Michael's or AC Moore,Home Depot or Lowes?

Wow! The clear rod make this thing look more expensive than what Sideshow charged us for. :lol

One question though. How durable can an acrylic rod be?

Good question! The Probe Droid did not have a clear rod included in the product due to such material being less durable than other materials (such as metal). Yes, the probe droid isn't that heavy of a product but we didn't want to include a rod that could start sagging over time. The metal rod (though folks do not like the look of it) is much more durable material.

-SideshowAlex

A solid clear acrylic 3/8" won't sag. The hollow stuff absolutely will.

Well, good for Sideshow for looking into it and rejecting it in favour of the sturdier support. I'm still getting a couple clear ones, all the same, but SSC's decision makes sense, IMO.

Thanks for the insight Alex. Any chance you can comment on the run size? I'm assuming you can't, but just curious as I'm guessing this was a small run compared to something like the Snowtrooper or R2.

Well, good for Sideshow for looking into it and rejecting it in favour of the sturdier support. I'm still getting a couple clear ones, all the same, but SSC's decision makes sense, IMO.

Thanks for the insight Alex. Any chance you can comment on the run size? I'm assuming you can't, but just curious as I'm guessing this was a small run compared to something like the Snowtrooper or R2.

Sorry but I'm really never in the know of how many pieces are being made for items without an ES. I usually found out an item is to sell out at the same time as y'all. :(

-SideshowAlex

You should have used transparent aluminum..

Nice Star Trek reference - I already suggested this sort of . Crystalline Aluminum Oxide - aka corundum or (synthetic) Sapphire. The same stuff they're making the screens of the new iPhones with. ;)

Back