Hot Toys- DX14- Mime version Joker... didn't see this coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't buy figures that are up on displays at toy stores, I saw a bunch of figures that I wanted, but I can't deal with all the dust already on the figure, I want to be the first one to open it and pose and all... plus the new doll smell coming from a Hot Toys Fig... can't beat that.

Hi. I'm new here and this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the meassures of the stage fully displayed .
Thank you all in advance!

Went into my local comic shop and they had one. No intention whatsoever of buying it.... Damn instant gratification and it's sitting on my coffee table as we speak.

Just picked this guy up for $220 CND .. normally they are $300.
Love the figure, however the base is huge, not a fan of it.

mime.jpg

Love that pose, Switch! :rock Yeah that base is huge. I'm not using mine because of it. I actually cut the back 1/3rd off of one for a member so that it'd fit in a Detolf.

Love that pose, Switch! :rock Yeah that base is huge. I'm not using mine because of it. I actually cut the back 1/3rd off of one for a member so that it'd fit in a Detolf.
I was debating on buying a dx08 base buy they are charging around $43 on ebay .. Kinda pricey

The diorama is nice, but impractical.
Wanting to put my Jokers together , I used Bats stand for the Mime Joker.
vhvz46.jpg

I saw this at a comic shop for $140. That's the lowest I've seen a Hot Toys figure in a long while. I haven't seen a deal like that since the T-1000 and that was 3-4 years ago.

Would have nabbed it if I didn't already own one. Makes me wonder if the 60s West and Ward figures will be the same . . .

I hope the apparent lack of this selling doesn't halt any future Nicholson Joker releases, assuming HT planned them.

Over here he is now not that far away from £100. :horror

I hope the apparent lack of this selling doesn't halt any future Nicholson Joker releases, assuming HT planned them.

Over here he is now not that far away from £100. :horror

And over here, he was less than that to begin with (about £90, is what I paid on day of release). This, Evil Superman and Robin were all around the same price. Of course, our stores don't have the added postage to add into their prices.

I waited on picking him up as he just wasn't worth the DX asking price, especially over here in the UK. But I'm glad to have him now, he will make a great display piece with a kitbashed keaton (when acetoyz release their headsculpt)

Bit worried about the white parts though, is it inevitable they'll start to yellow over time? He's out of sunlight and I don't smoke but I don't know if that will completely stop it

I think the figure isn't selling a ton because most people have the original and don't want another Nicholson Joker.

Either that, or they made a ton of them again like the dx08.

I think the figure isn't selling a ton because most people have the original and don't want another Nicholson Joker.

Yea I came into the hobby late and missed out originally on the DX08, and always wanted a Nicholson Joker, but this one never really did it for me. And a few minutes ago I just picked up a DX08 still in shipper for a nice deal! :yess:

I can find myself justifying paying $230 for the iconic Joker DX08 figure (which I did). But will NEVER consider spending the same amount for MIME version. Couple reasons are these figures are way to expensive to buy “versions” of a figure. And I would rather save and spend the money on a all new figure. HT Figure collecting is weird, some figures cast a “magical spell” on you where it doesn’t matter what the cost you want it. Others even if they are at reduced/below cost price…you still pass!!

Maybe.

I think most people would have bought a Mob Jack or Museum Joker in a heartbeat and since this look of the Joker isn't in the movie for very long I can see why people did not snap him up. Plus the DX08 was his iconic look from that movie.

But hey I love this figure.

Back