Saints Row IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure the reason SR has gone the crazy route that it has is because they want to separate it from GTA as much as possible. The Crackdown comparison is dead on. It's almost nothing like GTA anymore.

I'm having fun with it, but it's got some problems.

Should of stayed DLC. It's going to be eradicated by GTAV.

I just can't see anyone buying this game ever again after September 17. Although I guess most people bought this to kill time until GTA V, I almost did.

God I hope GTA V isn't anything like IV. I initially loved it, but became more apparent on how bad it was. Still sold a ton regardless.

GTA will not effect sales of SR4 at all.

No more than it would affect sales of world of warcraft, or Madden 25.

Why?
They're completely different.

YES< they're both Crime stories.
Yes, they share similar controls.

The similarities stop there.

GTA sufferes from this strange need to take itself FAR TOO SERIOUSLY the past couple of games. GTA 4 in particular suffered from this.

Saint's row dosn't just accept that it's a silly game, It REVELS in it. It takes it's concepts to the furthest reaches of insanity, then pushes just a little farther.

The people who LOVE saint's Row, REALLY LOVE it.
It's not some timekiller or placeholder till GTA drops. It's it's own animal.

Why?

GTA sufferes from this strange need to take itself FAR TOO SERIOUSLY the past couple of games. GTA 4 in particular suffered from this.

Saint's row dosn't just accept that it's a silly game, It REVELS in it. It takes it's concepts to the furthest reaches of insanity, then pushes just a little farther.

I'll give you that, I do appreciate it's not so damn grounded into reality. It beats the monotony of the run of the mill GTA.

GTA IV was way too serious, I just couldn't care about Niko or his dumb **** cousin at all.

All of the GTA games since III were all a bit cartoony and silly, but did have sprinkles of reality in them. GTA IV was too cold and not approachable, for me anyway.

I guess my biggest gripe about SR IV is that, like previously stated, was originally DLC. I think the city needs to be expanded. I didn't want to play in basically the same map over again.

I think the map was made smaller to compensate for all the other features Saints' Row 3 and 4 have. One of the most expansive custom character features, customizable vehicles, graphics, frame rate, etc. I'm sure it would've been bigger could they have done it without taking away from the gameplay and the rest of the game.

They should be able to push it more on the Next-Gen systems.

Both are open world crime based games with a different flavor.

Most people will ultimately have to choose one at the expense of the other. Kids will have to pick one because they may not have the cash to buy both and most working adults may be inclined to buy one because they see no point buying another game if they are not going to have the time to play both.

Personally I'm going to buy GTA V and instead of getting SRIV I'll go buy FIFA 14. Now that's a totally different game!

Why?

Both are open world crime based games with a different flavor.

Most people will ultimately have to choose one at the expense of the other. Kids will have to pick one because they may not have the cash to buy both and most working adults may be inclined to buy one because they see no point buying another game if they are not going to have the time to play both.

Personally I'm going to buy GTA V and instead of getting SRIV I'll go buy FIFA 14. Now that's a totally different game!

Yeah. NO.

Spoileriffic things from saints row 4.

You're president of the united states During an Alien invasion.
The aliens win, Earth is LITERLAY DESTROYED, and the survivors are taken and pluged into a reality simulation That is essentialy the matrix.
Oh, and becuase you're in the matrix, you've got super powers.
And you can hack your weapons to make them look and act like
Robocop's gun
The Pulse rifle from aliens
Han solo's blasters
Deckard's pistol from bladerunner

You can also get a gun that shoots black holes

Yes, it shares similar controls, and concepts to GTA

But Its about as similar to it, As Fifa is to madden.

They're BOTH football, right? :D

Last edited:
Any ideas about where Saints Row 5 will take us?

Saints in Space - first seamless open world space game? The idea of GTA in space finally delivered?

Saints in Time?

More Superhero Saints?

All of the above? Superhero Saints Travel Through Space and Time to Conquer the Universe?

Last edited:
I still need to pick up this game. It would be cool if it's offered for free on PS Plus, just like Saints Row the Third.

Had 3, got bored with it after playing storyline for a bit. Played with cheats and it got even worse. Can't say I'll jump on this one.

Really?! SR3 is probably the most fun, and over-the-top game I played this console generation :lol. I never used cheats, but I bought the DLCs and they really added a nice touch to the entire thing. Co-op is also immensely fun (for me, anyway).

I loved three. This is better. It doesn't look it from the ads, but it is.

The aliens, the superpowers....everything. just adds to the experience

Saints row IV getting a standalone expansion

also Saints row IV is coming to PS4 & Xbox One on January

Thinking of picking this up on Steam today. I've been having lots of fun with the mods from SR2 and 3 :lol.

Any of you guys playing SR 3 on Steam? I already finished it on PS3, but figured I'd make another playthorough on PC. Let me know and we can do the campaign on co-op.

Back