Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

:exactly:

The only way someones not seeing this is cause they're looking at him with doe eyes. Its really horrid lines marred with really horrid acting. I can't think of anything off the top of my head in any movie that really is suppoosed to be so dramatic and comes off as so comedic.
Honestly even with Christensen's awful acting, that scene is still very powerful to me. I guess it's just because it's the moment everyone's been waiting for. I can only imagine how amazing that scene would have been if the dialogue was replaced and Anakin was played by a competent actor (I do think Christensen has been much better in other, non-Star Wars movies though).

geo.jpg

I don't know.. there are elements that I still like from them. Mostly just design and music stuff. The odd character, ship or action sequence.
I never put them in the same category as the OT anyway, so I didn't mind having fun with them.

I don't know.. there are elements that I still like from them. Mostly just design and music stuff. The odd character, ship or action sequence.
I never put them in the same category as the OT anyway, so I didn't mind having fun with them.

Yes I do agree there we some good qualities, I like Qui Gon, Darth Maul, General Grievous and Dooku. The digital sets were amazing at times and yes of course the music was fantastic especially
the Duel of Fates

Yes I do agree there we some good qualities, I like Qui Gon, Darth Maul, General Grievous and Dooku. The digital sets were amazing at times and yes of course the music was fantastic especially
the Duel of Fates

Ian McDiarmid's performance through all 3 films of the PT is truly brilliant, especially in RotS and even when he has to act opposite the 'wooden' Christensen. McDiarmid easily matches the performances of Alec Guinness from the OT, in both quality and depth.

Ian McDiarmid's performance through all 3 films of the PT is truly brilliant, especially in RotS and even when he has to act opposite the 'wooden' Christensen. McDiarmid easily matches the performances of Alec Guinness from the OT, in both quality and depth.
:exactly: I've said before that I think he had the best acting in all three films. Glad someone else agrees.

For me Maul, McDiarmid's performance, the score, and the lightsaber battles (minus a few which were awful) are all reasons to rewatch the PT.

:exactly: I've said before that I think he had the best acting in all three films. Glad someone else agrees.

For me Maul, McDiarmid's performance, the score, and the lightsaber battles (minus a few which were awful) are all reasons to rewatch the PT.

McDiarmid is defnitely a high point in the PT. I feel like his performance really is under-appreciated, though the confrontation scene between him and the Windu led Jedi trio is cringe inducing. I don't really blame him for that though.

I thought the gladiator scene/war zone in AotC was neat. Great to see the jedi fight together and the deployment of the clones. I think episode 2 overall was the best of the PT. Though I was not a fan of the opening chase scene in coruscant. Thought it was lackluster.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

all 3 movies are beautiful to look at design wise and the aliens and creatures are great and interesting, That's why the games and the comics and all that does so well, because talented people took a good creative idea and worked on it

I love mucho PT design, the execution is just what kills it for me.

playing some of the games I realized how much potential was there. Specially games that focused on the PT universe, there was a lot of beautiful unique things that I got to experience in the games and some of the other stuff,

Lucas definitely thought about a vast universe, If only he had given that to a good writer and a good director.

I always wondered out of all the people working to create the PT NOBODY including Lucas's children never spoke up about the abomination he was filming. Did any of the actors read the script? Everyone I see in interviews are kissing Lucas's @$$ and praising how wonderful he is.

Lakhota is using his Speak and Spell

Probably didn't want to ruin their once in a lifetime chance of being part of a Star Wars film.

I always wondered out of all the people working to create the PT NOBODY including Lucas's children never spoke up about the abomination he was filming. Did any of the actors read the script? Everyone I see in interviews are kissing Lucas's @$$ and praising how wonderful he is.

the same thing i wonder about a lot of movies, A lot. not only are there so many people working on a movie but the studios are pouring money in and what comes out is this crap that nobody likes, what the hell

Well his own children were hardly gonna tell him what he was doing was crap. Them least of all.

Things I love about the Prequel Trilogy (although not enough to rewatch them or own them):
Ian McDiarmid
Liam Neeson
Return to Tatooine
Coruscant Exteriors
The Senate Chamber Design
The Queen's chrome ship and chrome blaster pistols, because in the future, everything is shiny!!!
Venice...errr, Theed
Darth Maul
The soundtrack, especially Duel of the Fates, Across the Stars, and Battle of Heroes
Watto and his junkshop
The podrace, although it did go on for a bit too long
R2-D2 being an astromech and going onto the ship and repairing it, I wouldn't have objected to his little jets if he did it in a zero-G environment to travel from one point to another but no, he used it to fricking fly!
Ottoh Gunga, the Bongo, and travelling through the planet's core
Destroyer Droids and Battle Droids for their design, not for their dialogue
Kamino's interiors and exteriors
The conveyor belt could have been cool if that movie and dialogue and the droids' presence didn't ruin it all
Order 66 - Clones gunning down Jedi, although it'd have been better if those were actual characters and not glorified extras being murdered
Muustafar, although the choreography and dialogue was all pretty awful....
Obi-Wan riding that giant lizard thing!!!

That's all I can really remember off the top of my head.

Back