Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (12/18/15) Discussion Thread

Kevin Smith's opinion mean NOTHING to me. If you remember, the man posted glowing and butt kissing reviews of TPM and AOTC. :lol

AOTC? He really prasied that crap? He HAS NO credibility...none

AOTC? He really prasied that crap? He HAS NO credibility...none
I have edited my post so that I'm not offend anybody and their small children thank you have a nice day I hate Kevin Smith [emoji239][emoji239][emoji239][emoji239][emoji239]

Last edited:

Woah, woah, woah . . .

You guys are taking it a little far here.

Satellite pointing away from the death star. fail.

Kidding, pretty awesome stuff, looks better than anything from the PT.

So the Germans are at it again. :horror

I always loved how Lucas gave the Empire british accents even though his intentions were for them to be Nazi.

Last edited:

It's a good thing the Americans got involved in WWII or the British might be speaking German :panic:

I like Smith's movies but he has no self awareness or self censorship. He swears too much and is too vulgar.

Awesome we still bagging on Smith! So just because he mentions Star Wars in those ****** Clerks movies doesn't make him my Star Wars mascot. Family Guy has far surpassed anything remotely funny Mr. Smith has ever said related to Star Wars. I think Seth McFarlane and his writers have a good idea about Star Wars , send them in LOL

Man, people really do love saying how much they don't like Kevin Smith. Its in here and the Dawn of Justice thread.

So here's more from the guy we hate so much.

Here’s an excerpt from the Q&A via /Film:
What I saw, I absolutely loved. It was tactile — it was real. It wasn’t a series of ****ing green screens and blue screens in which later a bunch of digital characters would be added. IT was there, it was happening. I saw old friends who I haven’t seen since my childhood, who aren’t really friends, but I love them more than some of my ****ing relatives. I saw uniforms, I saw artillery I haven’t seen since I was a kid. I saw them shooting an actual sequence in a set that was real. I walked across the set, there were explosions. And it looked like a shot right out of a Star Wars movie.
Smith talked about visiting Stage M at pinewood, where they were not filming that day, where he visited the set of the Millennium Falcon:
He turns the lights on and there is the Millennium Falcon from my childhood. Now the ship outside looks like a movie set, but the inside, fully replicated, fully built. The guy told me, they took two blueprints: Star Wars and Empire, because the cockpit in Empire was bigger than the cockpit in Star Wars. So they went somewhere between the two. So he takes me over and I’m just looking at it. You look at it from the outside and you can still see inside. I don’t presume we’re going aboard or anything, and then Morgan (JJ’s assistant) says “You ready to go up?” I said (excitedly) “We can go on it?!”

As I walked up that ramp I realized that the something that was missing from those other movies (the prequels) and its now in these movies. And its not the obvious like hey the Millennium Falcon or hey the characters that we know are returning. Its something else entirely — he’s building a tactile world, a world you can touch. And hes replicating with all the love of someone who has the world’s greatest collection of Star Wars figures. And when you walk on that set man, I don’t know how else to describe it except thusly: you use another pop culture reference to describe this pop culture phenomenon. Its like the field of dreams, the Kevin Costner movie. And if JJ builds it, we’re all going to come hard, because its amazing. It looks fantastic. So anyone out there wondering if hes going to pull it off, hes pulling it off. He showed me cut scenes, he showed me sequences, images, pictures. I cried and I hugged that guy. And I’m sure as I was crying and hugging on him that he was thinking “time is money” because theyre making a movie. But he got it. He was very flattered. And I was like “Honestly dude, you’re doing it. You’re making my childhood again. You’re doing our Star Wars. What I saw, blew me away.

All right, so Smith is a *********. It's noted. Now, let's talk about ****ing Star Wars. :D

Do you guys think there will be a new villian that can top Darth Vader? I think a lot of Vaders persona was he was extremely unique for 1977. I think Maul should have lived thorough the prequal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you guys think there will be a new villian that can top Darth Vader? I think a lot of Vaders persona was he was extremely unique for 1977. I think Maul should have lived thorough the prequal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can always bring Darth Maul back with mechanical legs... oh, wait.....

there will never be another Darth Vader... and there never needs to be.

Had Phantom Menace been good, Maul would rank right up there with Vader. Hell he still does in some circles.

They can definitely create an iconic villain that could at least compete with (but no, not "beat") Vader.

Counting the days......

Maul was more analogous to Boba Fett in my opinion. Minimal characterization but really cool design. Handful of lines. Mysterious. Left us wanting to see more. Palpatine was the only "real" villain which was unfortunate because Christopher Lee could have been awesome. His talents were wasted on Dooku. Jango was just fan service although Temura Morrison was actually cool in the role. And Grievous is the single stupidest thing in the entire prequel trilogy.

Back