Ant-Man: The Movie is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really think I'm going to have any interest in this film. With the wave of success that Marvel has been riding on though who thinks this is going to flop and knock them of their pedestal temporarily.

First one I'm not feeling as well, hopefully that will change as trailers start rolling out.

First one I'm not feeling as well, hopefully that will change as trailers start rolling out.

+1

Could be Marvel's first flop.. I currently have the same interest in seeing Ant-Man, as I did in Green Lantern, Daredevil or Green Hornet, before release.. ie. very little.. OMMV.

Because of the production troubles or Marvel not making Pym an Avenger and father of Ultron.

I think production problems are probably behind it, we've been through it on a couple MCU flicks, but not to this degree.

I don't really think I'm going to have any interest in this film. With the wave of success that Marvel has been riding on though who thinks this is going to flop and knock them of their pedestal temporarily.

+1

Could be Marvel's first flop.. I currently have the same interest in seeing Ant-Man, as I did in Green Lantern, Daredevil or Green Hornet, before release.. ie. very little.. OMMV.

Marvel won't have any flops for years to come. They have brand security. People who don't give a **** about Ant-Man will go to see it because of the brand, it's like Apple

I we talking about Ant-man or GotG? Seems like the same conversations are repeating...

I have to admit that Ant-man is a stretch, but they've been able to pull off some pretty big stretches so far. This one will test them, for sure.

This is a bigger risk than Guardians. That was a kooky space opera with colourful characters this is a production mess that looks much smaller and doesn't have that kooky fun feeling, yet anyway

Last edited:
Marvel won't have any flops for years to come. They have brand security. People who don't give a **** about Ant-Man will go to see it because of the brand, it's like Apple

I agree and think this is a pretty accurate statement. We're at the point where Marvel movies, and TV, are the "IT" thing right now, so I don't see this at all being a flop. It's possible it may not get a lot of repeat viewings as the other movies have, I think that's possible, but it definitely won't be a flop. I'm looking forward to it. Based on that photo alone it seems to be more on the dramatic side of things, similar with WS. And I think Rudd is a good actor, and Douglas will certainly bring his own gravitas to the film.

I met Douglas years ago at a golf event. Total gentleman, signed my Wall Street bluray. Samuel Jackson on the other hand, was a complete egocentric ********.

I agree and think this is a pretty accurate statement. We're at the point where Marvel movies, and TV, are the "IT" thing right now, so I don't see this at all being a flop. It's possible it may not get a lot of repeat viewings as the other movies have, I think that's possible, but it definitely won't be a flop. I'm looking forward to it. Based on that photo alone it seems to be more on the dramatic side of things, similar with WS. And I think Rudd is a good actor, and Douglas will certainly bring his own gravitas to the film.

Yes... he's awesome at playing Paul Rudd.

You're saying it like if actor playing one role his entire career is something bad... :rolleyes:

Yes... he's awesome at playing Paul Rudd.

Paul Rudd is awesome! ;)

paul-rudd-dance-moves-o.gif

Rudd doesn't have a broad range as an actor but he's pretty damn good with roles within his zone, which basically ranges from his typical I Love You Man type role, to This Is 40 / 40YO Virgin slight ******-ness, to Anchorman's Brian Fantana. I'm giving him a chance to show his action movie chops in this one, the rest for this role (comedy and drama) I think he'll be fine.

He's had more serious scenes in his comedies, and Our Idiot Brother was basically a drama disguised as a comedy (disguising a boring movie). Besides Ant-Man is supposed to be an action comedy, not a legit drama, he should do ok in the serious parts of the movie. It's the writing and directing I'm more worried about with this film, not the actor.

Fun Fact: Every time I've ever seen the character's name, since maybe 1994, I instantly have Gary Young's "Plant Man" in my head - just with Plant and Ant swapped.

ANT MAAAAAANNNNNNN

dudududududududuh

Back