General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think allen likely retires. He doesn't want to go to cleveland i think. I actually would think the odds are better he plays for doc rivers in LA.

He said in a recent interview that he doesn't care where he plays as long as it's for a contender. He could pretty much go anywhere. I think that's the reason he hasn't made a decision yet.

Do you trust thib to not run his oft-injured PG and center and aging new signee into the ground? He's not great at managing minutes. The bulls still lack shooting int the way the heat lack inside presence. A lot hinges on McDermott coming in strong

He's gonna have to. He just has to look to the spurs how to manage minutes. Noah gets banged up but he just plays. So I don't worry about him a whole lot. Rose wasn't oft-injured until these two knee injures so we shall see and Gasol can be spared some time with the sixth man runner up coming off the bench. I think McDermott is gonna be great. He had a rough first summer league game but the last two have been fantastic. I think getting this kid was a steal. Plus they have that kid coming from Europe that is supposed to be really good as well.

I agree with you Wake. Sounds like this is gonna be the year of the Pelicans, for sure.

if that team doesn't make the playoffs next season, there is something seriously wrong over there. Not a big move, but Cavs got another great outside shooter in Jones. Another guy that can't defend though.

I'll believe the Bulls are great when I see it. I think they go back to Rose doing everything again in the playoffs. Wizards can match up with anyone and now they have a clutch shot maker in Pierce, and have that playoff experience.

I'll believe the Bulls are great when I see it. I think they go back to Rose doing everything again in the playoffs. Wizards can match up with anyone and now they have a clutch shot maker in Pierce, and have that playoff experience.

I look forward to them showing you. :)

Meathooks posts are always thoughtful and very intelligently laid out, it's a good read. I agree with the majority of what he says.

Per usual I read azurepreds post and follow it with a facepalm.

I don't know what took them so
Long...

@Chris_Broussard: Source: Cavs now offering #1 pick Andrew Wiggins in trade offers for Kevin Love. @BobCavsinsider 1st to report

I don't know what took them so
Long...

@Chris_Broussard: Source: Cavs now offering #1 pick Andrew Wiggins in trade offers for Kevin Love. @BobCavsinsider 1st to report

Dammit....not certain why all the love for Love? I think it's a bad move two nbr 1, salary stuffer and picks. Kid is a good but a stat stuffer. He has never shown the ability to be a super star and elevate his team. Lebron, Bosh and Wade did it on their own before coming together. They weren't surrounded with the greatest talent but still raised their teams to playoffs and beyond. I'd rather have a cheaper version in Monroe, Lee etc. who can stuff stats but come leith a lesser price tag.

So LeBron is essentially flexing his influence here or maybe a ploy by the Wolves to get GS to throw in Klay Thompson?

The Cavs get better on paper now, but may take a hit on roster depth and defense. Hope this doesn't come back and bite them a la the Herschel Walker trade. Watch the Wolves become title contenders with Wiggins, Bennett, and Dieng. :lol. That is an exciting young core right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So LeBron is essentially flexing his influence here or maybe a ploy by the Wolves to get GS to throw in Klay Thompson?

The Cavs get better on paper now, but may take a hit on roster depth and defense. Hope this doesn't come back and bite them a la the Herschel Walker trade. Watch the Wolves become title contenders with Wiggins, Bennett, and Dieng. :lol. That is an exciting young core right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The T-Wolves are far off from being Western Conference Finals contenders. Forget about title contenders.

Dammit....not certain why all the love for Love? I think it's a bad move two nbr 1, salary stuffer and picks. Kid is a good but a stat stuffer. He has never shown the ability to be a super star and elevate his team. Lebron, Bosh and Wade did it on their own before coming together. They weren't surrounded with the greatest talent but still raised their teams to playoffs and beyond. I'd rather have a cheaper version in Monroe, Lee etc. who can stuff stats but come leith a lesser price tag.

I think it depends on your outlook as a GM. I'm pretty sure Dan Gilbert wants to win now rather than worry about 5 years from now. I think Love is a better option If you're going all in now but Wiggins could be the face of their team 8 years from now.

Love is a stat sheet stuffer but he still brings more scoring to the team than Wiggins. Having him on the court will spread the floor and make it easier for Irving and Lebron to drive the lane. Wiggins jumper is very suspect and while I think he'll improve, I don't think he'll be a superstar in the NBA.

The T-Wolves are far off from being Western Conference Finals contenders. Forget about title contenders.

I think it depends on your outlook as a GM. I'm pretty sure Dan Gilbert wants to win now rather than worry about 5 years from now. I think Love is a better option If you're going all in now but Wiggins could be the face of their team 8 years from now.

Love is a stat sheet stuffer but he still brings more scoring to the team than Wiggins. Having him on the court will spread the floor and make it easier for Irving and Lebron to drive the lane. Wiggins jumper is very suspect and while I think he'll improve, I don't think he'll be a superstar in the NBA.

Besides the pros and cons of Love on court having three max players under contract hampers their ability to be flexible financially. The good thing is Irving / Love are young and we still have some young pieces surrounding them.

Wiggins-unproven but potential star

Love- prove double double machine. Star.

Great move if the Cavs can pull it off.

I agree, no brainer. Love plays efficiently away from the rim and still grabs every rebound. Irving, love LeBron sounds pretty awesome.

I don't think they could get Monroe cause I believe he is a restricted FA? The Cavs are lacking a lot of size right now and Love is one of the best, if not the best rebounders in the league. I don't think it's possible to get 3 max guys anymore, so I don't see Love signing for that much if they got him. It would also depend what they have to give up for Love. Unless they are getting Martin back in the deal, I can't see them giving up more than a draft pick on top of Wiggins. If GS is willing to give up Thompson in their deal, then it doesn't really matter what the Cavs are offering cause that is a no brainer.

I don't think they could get Monroe cause I believe he is a restricted FA? The Cavs are lacking a lot of size right now and Love is one of the best, if not the best rebounders in the league. I don't think it's possible to get 3 max guys anymore, so I don't see Love signing for that much if they got him. It would also depend what they have to give up for Love. Unless they are getting Martin back in the deal, I can't see them giving up more than a draft pick on top of Wiggins. If GS is willing to give up Thompson in their deal, then it doesn't really matter what the Cavs are offering cause that is a no brainer.

Latest rumor is Wiggins, Bennett , filler and pick....waaaay too much. Love is a really good player and will fit into the system but wow....Two Nbr 1s and a future first rounder......:dunno

....and Cavs are guaranteed the next 5 Finals appearances and at least 3-4 titles...what the problem? :dunno

....and Cavs are guaranteed the next 5 Finals appearances and at least 3-4 titles...what the problem? :dunno

Guaranteed.....wow. I guess I devalue Love more than I thought. Lebron is the only proven commodity on the team neither Irving nor Love has proven the ability to lead their teams anywhere but to the lottery. I give Irving a little slack (23) but Love (25) been around awhile and done nothing. It's hard to believe the stats when your on a sucky team mostly playing garbage time.

Both are really nice players and be great complements to James but even I don't expect all that you predict. Tho it would be nice...I suppose I look at having three max players hampering our flexibility to build championship team and unlike most I don't think James, Irving and Love guarantee championship any more than James, Irving, Wiggins, Bennett...one gives us options while keeping future open the other says this is it win or lose.

Back