Premium Format Article: Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

I've got zero complaints about Sideshows recent Marvel releases.

A nice varied selection of characters and styles, sonething for everyone.

Ow, I waited YEARS for THIS??????? She was one of my 'grail' pieces!!! :monkey2 Someone's post pretty much summed it up for me- she is as disappointing as the Emma Frost PF. Jean might not look as bad as that Emma one, but I expected SOOOOOO much more.

BTW- Whatever happened to the statue based on the concept art released last year? Did I miss something?

i just don't get what they were going for with this at all. it just doesn't look right. the head sculpts just look absolutely horrible. i can not fathom why it took them 4 years and this is the end result?! just blows my mind.

Okay well taking a cue from Rulk I tossed it into Photoshop and shrank the nostrils and tip of the nose and added Iris' and Pupils. Still don't really like the jaw line or cheek bones but I don't feel like completely changing it.

JeanGrayCompare.jpg

Okay well taking a cue from Rulk I tossed it into Photoshop and shrank the nostrils and tip of the nose and added Iris' and Pupils. Still don't really like the jaw line or cheek bones but I don't feel like completely changing it.

View attachment 104049

Totally agree. There hair doesn't bug me but the face. Doesn't look like feminine enough like the regular portrait.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

I agree. I like power eyes but they should have some color like gambit. White worked for storm but for everyone else it looks like something out of a horror movie possession or eyes rolled back and all

There not True X-Men Fans Nemesis :lol:lol:lol:lol

Buy yo be all Honest Black Eyes might Creep me Out :wink1:

I think the body looks pretty nice and the hair on both had is absolutely amazing but the faces are horrible (especially the EX face). :-(

I think that SSC priced this one accordingly so it is not the price that may hold me back. Jean is SOOOO attractive in the comics so I don't understand what happened in this case; admittedly, I did not like Famke as Jean either because I see her as so much prettier.

I am a fan of both Tim Miller and Tony Cipriano, however, so I do want this but I am really hoping for a better face sculpt on both heads.

Is it just me or does the head position off the neck look weird as well? I'm not near my computer so I cannot show exactly what I mean at the moment.

Still, body and hair is awesome. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

View attachment 104049

Get rid of the scar on her left cheek and you may have something. She looks like Heath Ledgers Joker with the misshapen grin.

I agree. I like power eyes but they should have some color like gambit. White worked for storm but for everyone else it looks like something out of a horror movie possession or eyes rolled back and all

Get rid of the scar on her left cheek and you may have something. She looks like Heath Ledgers Joker with the misshapen grin.

Done and Done

JeanGrayCompare2.jpg

I guess I'm in the minority here but I love the newly revealed portrait. Just went from passing to buying. Pony tail sucks though! Haha that portrait will never see the light of day.

compare this to wonder woman or red sonja. nuff said...

Lol yeah I feel you. But compare any other female to those two and your going to have a tough time competing. They both look perfect man!
Regardless of the white pupils I'm digging her. SS may end up making a last minute change like they did with Supes. You never know. Regardless day one for me. Reg head and fugly ex

she's nice enough. one of the head should have pupil like Ms. Marvel.

I agree. She's not gorgeous but good enough. At the price I'd cave in and buy it. But not with all that's coming right now. Ms Marvel, Wonder Woman, and Catwoman appear to be some of the hottest faces they've done. She could be prettier but . . . I just don't know what to say about it. I'm sure she'll wind up in my collection at a later date.

I'm back at my computer now. The image below shows what I meant by the potential neck issue that I had mentioned previously. It is probably not an issue at all but looks somewhat peculiar to me. Also, I just realized that this piece doesn't have a light-up feature...pictures are so much clearer on my monitor. ;)

13885727913_229b4f5795_o.jpg

Jean Grey - Jim Lee Era

Does her eyes in the comics turn white when she uses her powers? Might see if spazzy or darkspidey can paint some pupils on the regular head.. Or maybe send them the EX head and have them redo it... Hmmm

Still not 100% on the piece but can see myself potentially caving as it's Jean, the price is JUST ok and the above plan has occurred to me to......danger that this piece needs a whole repaint however...and being very honest can see this being cheap to pick up in the secondary market

Not totally sold on the pose but like the reg head as is (even with white pupils) The ex portrait would be made very VERY much better with a repaint and pupils IMO.

Hair looks redder in these photos and the shipping box will be tiny so thats good :p

Being honest probably disappointed overall. If it wasn't Jean Grey I wouldn't even consider it based on sculpt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back