Deadwood

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever you say quitter. :lol

z212456341.gif

Deadwood
Sopranos
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Breaking Bad
The Wire

Curb and Deadwood are the only ones it took me a while to get hooked. Curbs first season was a bit slow at first as well. Newsroom, Band of Brothers, Larry Sanders, Arrested Development, Boardwalk Empire and Extras are also all pretty amazing. It's incredible how HBO and AMC have almost completely dominated the best shows on tv.

Back when season one was released on DVD I thought I give it a shot and rent a disc from my local video store. After the first hour I had to call the video store and see if I could return for another rental. I was bored because the show did not draw me in. I am actually thankful that it did not. I guess I was not ready then.

I revisited the show after the third season arrived on DVD with a mature and patient approach. This is one of my favorite shows to date. There is just so many levels that you cannot grasp in one viewing. The more you watch the more you love. I have recommended this show to many people with a BIG disclaimer...”Be patient get yourself through three to four episodes before you make judgment. If you can do that then your in.

Another thing I like about this show is that it did not end, there was no Finale. Unlike LOST a show I loved until the last season and finale (so disappointed I can not watch it) DEADWOOD never returned for a forth season so they left on a HIGH!!!! :gun

The thread inspired me I've flung on the first ep. , it's well sweary lol but getting bored now...

Patience was definitely not the problem for me, most everything I enjoy is a slow burn. Things that aren't going to change were the problem for me, such as Olyphant's acting through his teeth or the fat chicks trying to act at all, and the shows absolutely absurd dialogue.

Theres no fat chick on the show. And yes both Swearengen and Bullock do complete 180s at various points before coming back and meeting almost centered in their personas. Theres a ton of swearing but the writing is amazing. 2 Episodes simply isn't enough I can and most others have assured you.

Theres no fat chick on the show. And yes both Swearengen and Bullock do complete 180s at various points before coming back and meeting almost centered in their personas. Theres a ton of swearing but the writing is amazing. 2 Episodes simply isn't enough I can and most others have assured you.

You're right, she's not fat. Just looked her up. I just remembered a pudgy face and atrocious acting.

Jane I'm guessing, she's an annoying character no doubt, but I don't find her acting to be all that bad. It's completely fitting after Bill dies and she has no idea what to do. She's a drunk uneducated woman who lives in the woods afterall.

Not to hijack the thread, but i ****ing loved Rome, sure the final season went a little crazy with the timeline (apparently Pulo's wife was pregnant for well over a year or something) but i blame that on the studio giving the show the axe when the writers had only finished half the script. Amazing performances all around, some truly badass fight scenes and tits, tits galore.

Is this show worth watching? It's $59 on Amazon right now.
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Deadwood-The-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/ref=%26%2574%2561g%3d%2562l%2575r%2561y%252d080%252d20?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-080-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00129AJFO&ASIN=B00129AJFO&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER[/ame]

Back