Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The figure and hobby that almost got away from me. About 4 months ago I decided to get out of the hobby and sell my entire Hot Toys collection. To Make a long story short this Bane was the very last figure in my collection. This figure was almost sold. The gentlemen who was going to buy the figure was at comic con and understandably had is hands full and didn't have time to paypal me the funds for this Bane figure. He had been an awesome customer and pretty much bought my entire collection. I would of giving him a month had he asked. So as I was packing the Bane figure I just couldn't let this guy and the hobby go. That same night the gentlemen took the time to paypal me the funds. I advised him that I was sticking with the hobby and will rebuild my collection from scratch. I refunded his money and here I am. Now my long journey to rebuild my Hot Toys collection has started. This hobby is so awesome!!!

Wow, I know that feeling. It's the same feeling when I sold my transformers collection. I even bought some of them at a higher price just to have them again. And now I am thinking of selling all my 1/6 collections but I don't want to end up making wrong decision and regret it. I just really love this hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats a tough one bro. Its an amazing hobby and there's so many cool things coming up. Take your time and really think about it. This hobby rocks doesn't it? :)

Anyone think we might see another Bane in the near future, 1/6 or 1/4 scale?

I think it's likely they'll be a Bane 2.0 at some point but I can't see that happening for a long time. It's just a matter of seeing how the character holds up overtime. Heath's performance is iconic and very memorable hence why Hot Toys is still making more of him.

I think it's more a case that HT know the joker will sell by the bucket load.

The price of this has sky rocketed so I can easily see HT doing another to capitalise where the market is.

It also helps that the Joker wears several outfits throughout the TDK. Bane's outfits don't carry as much variety. I suppose they could do his motorbike outfit he wears in the stock exchange scene.

They can add a trail master coat, black shirt intro, stock exchange get up. If Hot Toys wants to milk him, they easily could.

One of these on eBay auction now in the uk,what's the goin price for one? It's the only dark knight rises figure I missed out on and would look awesome on my camo tumbler

I miss mine like you would not believe. I didn't even have a detolf set up at the time so I don't have any good pics. I definitely want to buy another but it has to have the double jointed elbows. It really missed that Boss pose.

One of these on eBay auction now in the uk,what's the goin price for one? It's the only dark knight rises figure I missed out on and would look awesome on my camo tumbler
bane_zps2cea22bb.jpg

Yep

Just sold my bane and already think it was a bad idea.

Back