Article: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City -1/6 Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED for SD

It's great that HT have finally overcome their rubber deterioration issues and feel confident now to produce a figure so completely covered in the stuff.

Re: Hot Toys VGM Series Batman: Arkham City - Batman Collectible Figure TEASED for SD

This looks frigging amazing! That sculpt!

And the cape and cowl are absolutely perfectly coloured. Not too black, not too blue.

Looks great shame the entire suit is rubber.

It's great that HT have finally overcome their rubber deterioration issues and feel confident now to produce a figure so completely covered in the stuff.

Absolutely. So relieved they were able to sort materials out for recent releases like ED-2... oh.

I gotta say, I dont like it at all. Didn't Elvis make an Arkham Batman figure with some spandex material? Why didn't they just do that?

Not understanding the dislike for this figure. I think it looks fantastic.

Indeed. :clap

Great, another rubber suit...

Sculpt is top notch, but the rubber suit means that, at best, it will be very difficult getting any kind of dynamic pose out of (without risking stretching/splitting damage), and at worst, well, we all know what 'at worst' is when it comes to Hot Toys rubber...

Don't think I'll be taking the risk on this one, personally. Good luck to all those that do, though. I hope for your sake HT has learned from the mistakes of the past, and in some way addressed them in time for this release, and you won't have any problems at all.

I think it looks amazing, I'm hoping they change the material of the pants/briefs though it looks to chunky and thick.

Really look forward to the full reveal by Hot Toys.

Hmmm...now that I can see clearly what his face looks like, I think I'm passing. In that cowl the shape of his face makes him look sort of like a chubby guy. Really don't like the way his horns lean in toward each other either...it gives the whole cowl this sort of potato sack silhouette that accentuates the look of flabbiness in his face.

Hmmm...now that I can see clearly what his face looks like, I think I'm passing. In that cowl the shape of his face makes him look sort of like a chubby guy. Really don't like the way his horns lean in toward each other either...it gives the whole cowl this sort of potato sack silhouette that accentuates the look of flabbiness in his face.

Did you played the games? It's pretty much spot on.

Yeah, I played the games and you're right that it looks spot-on...I guess I hoped for some artistic license on Hot Toys' part. His face just looks chubby, and like another poster mentioned, I'm not in love with the super-steroidal build either.

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-82.jpg

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-83.jpg

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-84.jpg

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-85.jpg

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-86.jpg

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-87.jpg

sdcc2014-hot-toys-booth-88.jpg

All these years of *****ing and whining and HT came through with a home run. That can't look any better than it already does, it's perfect.

The bunched up pants don't look right and the gauntlets are a bit small. However, MoS Superman looked terrible in product photos and two years back people freaked out over IM Mk VII being put together wrong thinking that was the final version. Long story short - HT is still making improvements, I'm looking forward to this guy!

Last edited:

All these years of *****ing and whining and HT came through with a home run. That can't look any better than it already does, it's perfect.

Indeed it does! But the whole rubber fiasco is worrying to some degree though. Might not even end up being a problem, who knows.

Indeed it does! But the whole rubber fiasco is worrying to some degree though. Might not even end up being a problem, who knows.

Looks more durable than the previous Batmen's suits. If I would say right now before getting it, I don't think it will crack or anything. Did anyone have problems with the MOS Superman? Since this looks like the same material.

Looks more durable than the previous Batmen's suits. If I would say right now before getting it, I don't think it will crack or anything. Did anyone have problems with the MOS Superman? Since this looks like the same material.

My MOS Superman is still awesome. No tears or suit sticking under his arms. The material they used was awesome. This looks thicker than the material used in that one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back