1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't you have 45 days to open the Paypal dispute? That'd be September 6th.

I asked the guy about the price change and he was very responsive on several emails. Then I asked about the long delay in shipping... haven't heard a word back.

I want a Snowtrooper more than anyone here -- I don't have even one -- but I don't want to stress for 7 weeks over something like this, wondering if it will ship, wondering if I should open a case, etc.

I guess I don't fully understand how PayPal/ebay protection works. If the guy mails it out before his estimated arrival to you -- in this case SEPT 17TH -- you can't really do anything until he doesn't meet that estimate. Right? You can't just tell ebay/PayPal I have a bad feeling.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll kick myself for passing this up if I don't buy it.... and if I buy it I'm sure I'll be saying "why'd you do it, you knew better".

Yeah, that was my thought, Wor-Gar. If he's upfront that the figure won't arrive for say 46+ days, then there is nothing to dispute. Just seems like a convenient time table to scam people. The price and number he has available (I think 7), also gives me pause. Again, hope it's legit!

Now, yeah. Doubt that's first on HT's list though. So many others.

Likely they will do figures that coincide in some whay to the new movies (i.e. Han, Leia, a new Jedi Luke to go with SS Speeder Bike). I'm sure they're chomping at the bit to do their own Vader. And I'd love them to do a Stromtrooper.

Been a big week for SW 1/6 with some epic SS announcements and news of the Hot Toys License, so I've decided to get back in the game. Just found a Snowy for £120 shipped to the Uk so I jumped on it. Now bring on the Biker Scout and Tie Pilot pre-orders and a HT Han.

Yeah, that was my thought, Wor-Gar. If he's upfront that the figure won't arrive for say 46+ days, then there is nothing to dispute.

Except PayPal doesn't care about anything "up front" and the buyer can always dispute for any (or no) reason. :) And let me tell you, there are more shady buyers out there than shady sellers. This could be the seller's way to minimize their risk as the buyer only has that fixed window to complain via PayPal. No such window exists for a chargeback via their credit card company though. Yeah, shady buyers suck.

Yesterday he sells them for 140 USD .. I have passed because he have 10 pcs for such a good price. Also the delivery time is too long ..

Yesterday he sells them for 140 USD .. I have passed because he have 10 pcs for such a good price. Also the delivery time is too long ..

I saw that too, and it gave me pause. Seller claimed he forgot to include the freight cost ($30) and consequently raised the price. Maybe he just realized when he sold three within a shirt window. In any case, I was on the fence but I broke. The Biker Scout and Waller did it. Oh, and the HT announcement so I know there's not going to be any "2nd batch" of Snowies from Sideshow coming.

Back