Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was surprisingly disappointing. :lol
sy-hug.jpg

Awwww, poor grandpas expected obvious villain to be obvious and instead got something original...

DAMN YOU MARVEL!

:monkey3

1. The Winter Soldier
2. Iron Man
3. Iron Man 3
4. The Avengers
5. The First Avenger

Evans redefined what is physically possible with a superhero movie this year. There is a new bar.

Yup, even after the end credits I was like, its coming, watch, here it comes, brace yourself.

When the lights came on in the theater I asked the theater usher "He's the Red Skull, right?!?" :lol

Awwww, poor grandpas expected obvious villain to be obvious and instead got something original...

DAMN YOU MARVEL!

Don't call Jye grandpa, he'll shake his cane at you. :nono

Alexander Pierce being Red Skull wouldn't have fit the tone/story they were going for with TWS. Pierce as a modern villain who came to believe in Hydra's ideals is important because it works with Steve's "man out of time" theme and the corrupted political climate/politcal thriller angle of the movie. Having Pierce revealed to be Red Skull at the end would've damaged that. It would've turned it into a cheap "Oh, he was pulling the strings all along" kind of thing.

Red Skull would've brought TWS down.

As far as my movie order goes, for me it's TWS > Avengers > Iron Man > Thor/Cap: TFA.

When the lights came on in the theater I asked the theater usher "He's the Red Skull, right?!?" :lol

Don't call Jye grandpa, he'll shake his cane at you. :nono

:lol

Alexander Pierce being Red Skull wouldn't have fit the tone/story they were going for with TWS. Pierce as a modern villain who came to believe in Hydra's ideals is important because it works with Steve's "man out of time" theme and the corrupted political climate/politcal thriller angle of the movie. Having Pierce revealed to be Red Skull at the end would've damaged that. It would've turned it into a cheap "Oh, he was pulling the strings all along" kind of thing.

As far as my movie order goes, for me it's TWS > Avengers > Iron Man > Thor/Cap: TFA.

You make a very good compelling argument, it really does make sense and I believe the impact you have described would've occurred.

But dang did I want to see his Red face come out from underneath! :lol

True, true.

But, like Jye, the fanboy in me soooo wanted to see Robert Redford pull his face off and reveal he was RS! :lol

I definitely expect to see Red Skull again in the future. Though that interview with Feige makes it sound like it might not be in Cap 3. Unless he's being vague on purpose....

I definitely expect to see Red Skull again in the future.
Though that interview with Feige makes it sound like it might not be in Cap 3. Unless he's being vague on purpose....

He's definitely out there...

I N _ S P A C E !

Red Skull floated around space and created that Nazi planet that Kirk and Spock come across in classic Star Trek.

I am actually glad that RS didn't appear in TWS. Cap is on ice for 70 years and then all of a sudden HYDRA, Bucky, AND the Red Skull all simultaneously reappear? The same week? Too much.

The digital version of this is coming around the 19th of August and the wait is killing me... The bluray comes out early september, but damn I was hoping it would have been out like Thor: TDW and IM3 for a month under iTunes!!!

DAMN YOU MARVEL!

No, we got Benny Hill instead of The Mandarin that's all. Benny Hill sucks, Trevor sucked and continues to suck with his post ironic fan trolling.

No, we got Benny Hill instead of The Mandarin that's all.
Trevor sucked and continues to suck with his post ironic fan trolling.

Oh COME ON! This is soooooooooooooo last year.
How about Brolectro being the worst cinematic super-villain instead?

Mandarin (Trevor) > Red Skull > Loki > Pierce > Jeff Bridges > Justin Hammer > Killian > Burdlash

Back