Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The easter bunny brought my son that figure too. My other son got the STRIKE suit cap to do battle with his brothers WS!

Nice! :D

I really liked how "real" Cap's acrobatics felt in TWS. All Whedon did was have him magically levitate over a couple railings and do that one CGI leaping spin kick. None of it seemed like a real guy who was actually capable of those athletic feats.

Then he'll wiggle his nose, teleport into an alternate reality just to put Supes in a sleeper hold and then port back to single handedly crush Ultron :lol

:lol

I really liked how "real" Cap's acrobatics felt in TWS. All Whedon did was have him magically levitate over a couple railings and do that one CGI leaping spin kick. None of it seemed like a real guy who was actually capable of those athletic feats.

So very true.

I'm an Avengers movie cult member and you couldn't be anymore accurate.

His fighting was at a whole other level in a movie directed by lolcat dudes.

Didn't they use a parkour guy to do the shot where he hurdles over the cars? That felt like something a very powerful human could, and should do IMO. But yeah, they didn't spend a great deal of time focusing on Cap in that movie, because it was essentially "Iron Man and Friends: the Movie"

So very true.

I'm an Avengers movie cult member and you couldn't be anymore accurate.

His fighting was at a whole other level in a movie directed by lolcat dudes.

:lol

Nothing will ever take away the magic of seeing all those heroes teaming up in 2012 though. It's still a fun movie even if it isn't as dramatically engaging.

Didn't they use a parkour guy to do the shot where he hurdles over the cars? That felt like something a very powerful human could, and should do IMO. But yeah, they didn't spend a great deal of time focusing on Cap in that movie, because it was essentially "Iron Man and Friends: the Movie"

Yes, I recognize that Whedon did try and throw a bone to fans of each character (he even gave every single member of the team their own FU moment against Loki) but he clearly had a "Joss Whedon A Team" (IM, Hulk, and BW) and a B Team (Cap, Thor, and HE.) As a Cap fan I'm not nearly as excited for AoU as I am for Cap 3. I'm guessing that his new hand picked characters SW and QS will be his favorites this time around.

See, I don't understand this train of thought... Cap had more screen time than any other character in the movie

See, I don't understand this train of thought... Cap had more screen time than any other character in the movie

Screen time /= doing the character justice. 3PO and R2 had more screen time than Han, Luke, and Leia in ANH but they are still clearly the SW "B Team."

Didn't they use a parkour guy to do the shot where he hurdles over the cars?

And you know I remember the early cell phone footage or whatever it was of Cap running over the cars and I felt like it was much more impressive than what we got on screen. Whedon practically did the whole thing in close-up just focusing on Cap's feet most of the time and the stunt didn't translate as well IMO.

Cap obviously has more action scenes in TWS, as does every character in their own solo movie vs The Avengers movie. Iron Man has more action in IM, IM2, IM3 individually than he does in The Avengers, Thor in Thor and Thor: TDW, and Cap in TFA and TWS. That is always going to be the case when you have a character that has it's own series but then has to share a movie with 5 other top tier characters.

I think people really do forget the action scenes that Cap has in The Avengers, he has just as much as everybody else;

Showdown with loki in Germany

Showdown with Iron Man and Thor in the forest

Taking out the Loki-hypnotised SHIELD Agents on the Helicarrier (batting the grendade away, knocking one agent out, throwing another over the railing to his death, and then keeping the final guy at bay with the machine gun)

Co-ordinating the NYPD and then beating up 4 Chitauri single handedly to prove his point

In the action montage of BW and HE, Cap comes in and takes down 2 Chitauri shortly before Thor arrives after his fight with Loki and we then have the "Assemble" scene

The spin kick and shield beam combo with Iron Man

Cap takes down 3 Chitauri in the Bank before setting the hostages free

His fight scene against the Chitauri, teaming up with Thor

It was pretty evident to me that Stark was the dominant hero in Avengers, right from the first screening. Like Khev said, a lot of the stuff with Cap felt like Whedon was trying to give every character their "moments" here or there, but they seemed an afterthought to ensuring that Iron Man was allowed to be right, to really be in charge, to crack good jokes, and to save the day.

Hmmm, well agree to disagree. I'm a Cap fan, and I was thrilled with him in The Avengers.

No problem. :duff

Like it or not, Stark/IM was the boss in the Avengers.

I agree and I fall into the "didn't like it" camp. :lol

It was cool seeing Cap giving orders to the whole team (even if it was only after Stark gave him permission to do so. :lol)

But fine, whatever. Stark kicked off Phase I and I guess he got to finish it. But if anything IM3 really seemed to deliberately indicate that he wasn't cut out to drive Phase II and hopefully AoU will reflect that.

I think the line in the movie from Fury to Cap says everything about what we should expect from the MCU from now on...

"I guess you're giving the orders now, Cap"

I'm also hoping we see the stronger, leader Cap in Avengers 2.

Honestly, after seeing this movie, I might be more excited for Cap 3 than Avengers 2. At any rate, I'm extremely happy it's the first of the Phase 3 solo movies.

Honestly, after seeing this movie, I might be more excited for Cap 3 than Avengers 2. At any rate, I'm extremely happy it's the first of the Phase 3 solo movies.

After the ASTONISHING Ant-Man!!!!!!! XD I'm stoked for that too but my non CB friends are like dude what the heck

The first phase 3 solo movie will be Ant-Man

Back