Sideshow Hulk Comiquette review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAWS

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score

Ok I decided it's time to do a few reviews for the blog. Have not done any in a bit so here it goes.

The Hulk Comiquette by sideshow is one of the most amazing statues I have ever seen. It's a combination of a great sculpt and an amazing dynamic pose. This one really grabs people's attention when they enter my display room. There has been well documented complaints about the Hulks hair/face/pose but all are IMO perfect and really give this hulk a look all it's own.

Face sculpt - 5 out of 5 - I was one of the ones who hated the hair when I first saw pictuers of this. But with time my opinion started to change and now I think the hair is fine. The Face sculpt is amazing. So much detail. The lines around his mouth, the individually sculpted teeth, the eyes, everything just gives this Hulk a very realistic look. Amazing.

Body Sculpt - 5 out of 5 / Pose 5 out of 5 - The Body sculpt is every bit as detailed as the face sculpt. You can see the pours and lines of imperfection in his skin. The muscle detail is spot on. The Pose is one of the best of it's kind for a statue of this size. Very dynamic and original. This will really stand out from anyones hulk collection. The Clothing is sculpted and is done perfectly also. There is a real sense of movement to this piece and everthing about this sculpt works.

Paint - 4.5 out of 5- I wish he was a little darker like the PF Hulk but that is my only complaint. The detail in the face and body would all be ruined if the paint job did not help bring this piece to life. No real complaints here.

Lasting appeal - 5 out of 5 - I still admire this piece on a daily basis. It's size and pose really make for one amazing statue. You can really feel the hulks rage and strength in this piece. i just don't see ever growing tired of looking at this piece. A must for Hulk fans.

Overall - 5 out of 5 - One of sideshows best if not the best IMO. I really have no complaints and had the paint been darker like the PF then this would have gotten a perfect score in all categories. Even so it still gets a perfect overall score because there is just so much GREAT in this piece.

The paint looks different sometimes depending wo took the photos. I have one coming soon and I hope I'll be happy with the paint job....

If I am not, I will repaint it....

Back