Which EMPEROR PALPATINE 12" Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which version of 12" Palpatine would you want FIRST?

• ROTJ Classic EMPEROR

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • ROTS "red robe" PALPATINE (Mace duel)

Votes: 26 28.3%
  • ROTS cloaked PALPATINE (Yoda duel)

Votes: 18 19.6%

• Total voters

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed several times in the past, but I feel, for some reason, now it is time to vote before SDCC.

I want both red robe Palps and ROTJ classic Emperor, but in the end I chose the classic Emperor to be my first choice.

Mace fight just because the red robe could look amazing and I'd like a pre-deformed emperor first.

I want all 3 of those, but I want one with a lightsaber first. I guess I'll go with Mace Duel.

Last edited:
I voted Mace Duel but I want him disfigured. The scene where he's "knighting" Anakin as a Sith and then explaining what must be done is the creepiest scene of the entire saga, IMO.

But don't get me wrong, I still want some OT characters first. :chew

Classic Emperor for me... How come Senator Palpatine isn't one of your choices? I liked his costume in that one as well.:D :emperor

pixletwin said:
Classic Emperor for me... How come Senator Palpatine isn't one of your choices? I liked his costume in that one as well.:D :emperor

Possibly because Senator Palpatine might fall into the Scum and Villains line rather than the Sith line ? Kind of like X-Wing Luke would probably be Heroes Of the Rebellion rather than Order of the Jedi.

Just my 2c - but I think this poll was started cos its likely Palps is the next Sith figure ;)

pixletwin said:

It's funny you mention that -- I was thinking about it, but I didn't think that many people would care for a Senator Palpatine before any of the above three.

Also, LordAzrael has a very good point.

I'm not a Palpatine fan but i would vote for the classic Palpatine because that version is I fell in love with.

im hoping for a ROTS palpatine... only one version with 2 heads and 2 robes. i think this is a smart idead to save everyone a little money--them for only having to design one figure, and us for only having to buy one figure.

Classic Emperor to go with ROTJ Luke and eventually Vader...

I've seen enough PT figs and can wait for another Palp

I voted Mace fight because we already have 3 figures already to got with him. ROTJ Palps would be my next choice, but he only goes with Luke right now. The Yoda duel doesn't need to be made for a long time. Just buy the Hasbro cloak for the Sideshow one and you are done.

We've already had several wrinkly old Palpy 12" (though admittedly from crappy Hasbro) so I will be QUITE disappointed is this is not the first one from SSC:

movie4_bg.jpg

I love the OT as much as anyone and would be the first to say that it's clearly superior to the PT. But Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine in ROTS absolutely blows away any other incarnation of the character, ROTJ included. He's so much more interesting before he gets all deformed and loses his mind. He goes from a character with depth to a caricature with schtick. From acting to overacting. And, yes, I KNOW that was by design, but still. The Darth Sidious from the Opera Scene and the Mace Windu duel will always be the pinnacle of the character to me. IMHO, it's one of the few things they absolutely nailed in the PT. I don't care how nostalgic the ROTJ Palpatine is... I want THIS one dammit:

movie4_bg.jpg

Last edited:
As far as Ian's performance being better in ROTS than any other... I dunno. There is one thing in his performance in ROTJ that is missing in ROTS. The only way I can describe it is this: the emperor was SICK WITH EVIL... A quality which drew me to his character and one that I think was a bit watered down in ROTS... IMHO :D

Back