Avatar the Last Airbender: Legend of Korra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth_Fatso

Super Freak
Reaction score
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVD_un7moAc&feature=player_embedded"]‪SDCC 2011: Avatar the Last Airbender: Legend of Korra Official Trailer‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I honestly can't wait for this!!!

polarbeardog_korra.jpg

7UTHd.png

579123-EK7T85Z.png

579124-NZPVD9R.png

579125-DTC9MEP.png

Recap:

--- This show happened due to fan demand.

--- Bryke were unsure, but the ideas came naturally and quickly.

--- One of things that excited Bryke was differentiating between Korra and Aang.

--- Korra is meant to be akin to a tough snowboarder.

--- She was conceived to be more rugged than Aang.

--- The musical concept is "if the Chinese invented Jazz."

--- Korra's Animal Companion is a female Polar Bear Dog named Naga.

--- The New Team Avatar will be a trio: Korra and two brothers named Mako and Bolin.

---Mako and Bolin are brothers, both benders, but of different disciplines.

--- Mako is a Firebender, and the brooding type.

--- Mako is named after the Mako.

--- Bolin is the younger brother, a goofy Earthbender.

--- Mako's animal companion is named Paboo/Pabu.

--- Paboo/Pabu is a Fire Ferret, a hybrid of red panda and ferret.

---Republic City is now "United Republic."

--- UR was founded by Aang and Zuko.

--- UR is meant to be a multi-bender utopia.

--- UR is based on 1920's Shanghai.

--- Aang found a herd of Sky Bison after the war.

--- There are new species of Flying Lemur.

--- Toph travelled the World, teaching metalbending.

--- Ty Lee's Chi blocking style has spread.

--- Aang and Katara had three kids.

--- Tenzin is the youngest.

--- Tenzin had three children with a non-bender named Pema.

--- Jinora, the studious one. Iki, the fun and crazy one. Meelo, the young goofy one.

--- Tenzin looks like a total badass and he's serious as ****, but can be funny.

--- Toph's Daughter is the chief of police.

--- The police are metalbenders and they zipline around the city.

--- The anti-bending group are called The Equalists.

--- They fight using Ty Lee chi blocking technique.

--- They are led by a masked man named Oman.

--- There will be two seasons.

--- Season 1 will be 12 episodes , 2eason 2 14 episodes.

--- Lauren Montgomery and Josh Middleton will be on board for Season 2.

--- Kisu will be undertaking his normal role for Korra.

--- There is an arena sport called Pro Bending.

--- Pro bending will look to MMA and flashy martial arts styles for inspiration.

Thanks for posting that.

I was a big fan of the first series, and was really looking forward to rumors of the new series, etc. etc.

This trailer looks better than the first trailers of the original A:TLA, so I'm glad to see that this turned out so well. From one I read, it takes place 70 years later and focuses on the new Avatar and her struggle with 'anti-bender' movement. I like that it's taking place in a big city too, changing the scenery up from the first series. I heard Ang (and Katara's) son has a role in it as well.

Should be good to say the least and looking forward to its return.

Indeed. I actually got into Avatar: TLA about a year ago but it is a fantastic show. I was super surprised how much I ended up liking it as well as how deep it was for a Nickelodeon show.

Indeed. I actually got into Avatar: TLA about a year ago but it is a fantastic show. I was super surprised how much I ended up liking it as well as how deep it was for a Nickelodeon show.

I watched the episodes as they aired on Nick and was sad to see it go years back. (The movie didn't do much to fill that 'void'. :lol)

But couldn't agree with you more about the tone of the show and it's intensity. This is one of those show's that I dare say is one of the greatest pieces of art/work to come from the Nick studios. I don't know how or what possessed them to air this show amongst the line-up choices they've endorsed in the past, but I'm glad they did. (I know it's a young audience, but still...)

Definitely a gem.

And thanks for posted all of the additional info. Makes me even more excited to see this finally air. Sounds like they really went out of their way to make it a stand-alone piece and a new 'mold' altogether, yet still give fans of the original some on-screen 'treats.'

Thanks. I actually found all this on another site but I've seen some Avatar fans here so I thought I should share it. I seriously don't know why it took me so long to get into the series, I had seen a few eps when they first aired a few years back but never payed much attention to them. Maybe because they were filler eps.

The only thing I'm worried about is if this one is as good as the other's or not. i'm gonna miss ang and katara and the rest of them.

Thanks. I actually found all this on another site but I've seen some Avatar fans here so I thought I should share it. I seriously don't know why it took me so long to get into the series, I had seen a few eps when they first aired a few years back but never payed much attention to them. Maybe because they were filler eps.

I do the same thing with some TV shows. LOST was one of the shows for me. I didn't start watching until AFTER the show ended. :lol. And that show was one of most enjoyable and thought-provoking I have ever seen. Loved every minute of it. I don't know how I missed every single episode when it aired on TV, but I managed to somehow. :lol

The new trailer looks very promising. Can't wait to see more.

I like that the cast appears a little bit older than the original gang. Hopefully, this means that we'll have a more mature storyline. Not that I thought the original series was immature. It wasn't but some episodes relied a bit too much on kiddy humor for my liking.

Back