Physical (3D) printer - imagine the 1/6th possibilities...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillingYouGuy

Super Freak
Reaction score
This company is right down the street from me, the first time I watched it I thought, "Hmmm, I could really use that for accesories..."

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZboxMsSz5Aw&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]‪3D Printer‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Re: Physical printer - imagine the 1/6th possibilities...

I'd like a reproduction of that sweater for my Heath Ledger Joker.

I don't know the ins-and-outs of toy production but isn't there actually already some companies out there who do at times kind of make figures as "3D print-outs" of sorts? I thought I read once before, someone criticising the quality of the result, that you can make a 3D model on a computer, or even scan a head, and then there's a contraption that molds it based on the depth recordings.

Did I just imagine that or misread something?

:exactly: Yeah this technology is in its infancy and look what they can do already. In fifteen years or less nanobytes are expected to be at the level of quality to be a viable alternative in many areas... including manufacturing, even something along these lines. Patents are going to be needing alteration to protect "shapes" from duplication.

Back