PF General Grievous's lightsabers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnDoe27b

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I'm excited cause I just found this forum despite collecting SS for a while now. I was wondering if anyone knew which the 4 lightsabers Grievous is holding belong to. I got a list of possible jedi's that he may have killed:

Daakman Barrek, Shaak Ti, Roron Corobb, Foul Moudama, Sha'a Gi, Roth-Del Masona, Tarr Seirr, Soon Bayts, K'Kruhk.

I'm asking because I want to paint the lightsabers so they more accurately reflect what they should look like. Also, I included rough blueprints of the 4 sabers if anyone can identify them by their design. I figured one looks like Shaak Ti's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anyone know if SS sells just the lightsaber hilts? I thought it might be nice to have some extras to put in the cape pockets.

First off, welcome to the board.

I'm almost positive SS never said anything about the sabers. There's a list on Wookiepedia of the 30+ Jedi he killed so it could really be any of their's. But then again SS could've just used generic sabers and from no specific design in which this would be completely futile.

welcome to the board. ive seen the list of the jedi he's killed and i dont think ive ever heard of which ones he was supposedly carrying with him. but during the fight with obi wan-- one of the ones he dropped looked exactly like obi wans ROTS lightsaber.

~~ i know that according to jedi tradition many padawans honored their master by designing their lightsaber like the master's.

I agree that one of them is Shaak Ti's. I just recently read a clone wars comic with her and her saber looked like one of his, and if i recall correctly in the deleted scene he kills her then puts her saber in his cape.

Agent0028 said:
I agree that one of them is Shaak Ti's. I just recently read a clone wars comic with her and her saber looked like one of his, and if i recall correctly in the deleted scene he kills her then puts her saber in his cape.

Yes but that scene never really existed. It was just an alternate opening, not a deleted scene. They say that she is seen in one of the Jedi counsel meetings later in the movie. But it could still be her saber. I can't remember if he takes it from her in the Clone Wars Vol. 2.

I didn't know that. I'll have to keep an eye out for her next time I watch it. Could still be hers though if they originally planned it to be the opening and when they did GG they left her lightsaber with him even after deciding on the different opening. A continuity error of sorts.

melvinpelayo said:
oh...um i thought he was using Sifo-dyas, Palpatine, Obi-wan and Anakin's saberd?!

Obi-Wan and Anakin got their sabers back when they first encounted GG. Something tells me this is a wild goose chase.

Welcome to the board JohnDoe27b! Love the way you dig out the details! When I received GG a couple of days ago, I took a closer look at the lightsaber hilts, and thought to myself, that SSC didn't put much effort in perfecting the hilts. Looks like I'm not the only one!
I had a closer look, because I have a Attakus Darth Vader 2, and was curious about how SSC did solve the blade issue. Comparing the two systems, I prefer the Attakus blade. But, that of course is no answer to your query...

:D

I still find that either one solution is perfect. SSC's Obi Wan and Darth Vader exclusives have light up blades. Alas they could not do that for Grievous. It would have been classy though, if the blades would have the ability to light up if they where placed under a certain type of light source.

GEEK ALERT!... GEEK ALERT!...

80215L.jpg

Thanks again all for the responses. Ha, I guess you do have to be a real geek to love this stuff this much. Thanks Alice for letting me know I'm not nuts for loving the details.

During the Utapau fight with Obi-Wan, ILM animators added Obi-Wan's and Anakin's lightsabers (as a bit of a joke) to Greivous. The other two used in the fight are clan sabers. The sabers used on the SS statue are those used by Jedi such as Sasee Tinn, Luminara, and Plo Koon.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :)

JohnDoe27b said:
Thanks MiniRock! thats great information! how did you find out about it?

Oh, the usual way...I have no life. ;) The Ultimate Visual Guide, EPIII Visual Guide, the EPIII DVD documentary, and a couple other sources. :)

Back