Scale Military Aircraft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEDSTER

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello there !!!!
So I wonder if there's anybody out there collecting military aircrafts, whether it's model kits or a ready-made scale military aircrafts.

I am an avid collector of the F-14 Tomcat myself and since my current F-14D is being build and maybe it will be done by July (it has been in progress for 1 and a half year), I thought I start a thread to get other aircraft collectors to jump in and show off some cool aircrafts.

Yay !

I feel like the more newer planes like the F-35 and so on is just not as bad ass and intimidating as the legendary planes like F-14, A-10, F-15 and not to forget the menacing F-4

HUGE Air & Space in scale fan here. Been building scale military aircraft and vehicles for a long, long time. Mostly build in 1/48th scale but have done some aircraft in 1/32.

My favorite airplanes, based on era are the following:

-P-51D Mustang
-F-86 Sabre
-F-16 Falcon ("Viper")

I've got a closet full of still unbuilt kits but I'm slowly getting back into building, now that the kids are getting bigger (and offer me more leisure time to build...) ;)

Here are some great scale model forums that I also frequent:

www.hyperscale.com

www.zone-five.net

www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

Just a little heads-up that I was involved with Two-Bobs in their F-16C "Florida Makos" decal set, which have just recently become available. (www.twobobs.net). The set is truly amazing.

By the way, I just ordered 3 of the Hasegawa F-22 Raptors in 1/48 scale, too. They are on sale at Squadron for $34 bucks each! (from regular price of $89!!)

Here is my Tamiya 1:32nd scale F-14D Tomcat.

This model kit has been modified and after-market parts and decals. A conversion from the A model to the D.

IMG_6114.jpg

IMG_6110.jpg

IMG_6104.jpg

IMG_6100.jpg

IMG_6097.jpg

IMG_6096.jpg

IMG_6090.jpg

IMG_6088.jpg

IMG_6084.jpg

IMG_6082.jpg

Last edited:
Big fan of aircraft & tanks here, mainly WW2 stuff though, perfect mix of beauty & brut-force, Favs Me262, Typhoon, Stuka mustang & the Spit, threw all my models out a couple years ago since they'd been boxed and shipped around the country started to get a bit beat up.

I have a TON of 1:18 planes including the JSI F-14. I believe I have at least 1 of every one built by every manufacturer including 21st, BBI, Admiral and JSI.

That's an awesome F14 model there Jed

A fan of Top Gun I assume?

Thanks man.
I am a fan of Top Gun minus all the quirky bits of that movie. But it is the best jet fighter movie out there.

But I am a greater F-14 fan all around. It's been my favorite jet fighter plane since I was 9 years old.

I have a TON of 1:18 planes including the JSI F-14. I believe I have at least 1 of every one built by every manufacturer including 21st, BBI, Admiral and JSI.

I would like to see your collection.

My only gripe for all those manufacturers are that they are not very detailed. They sure are big and attractive, but since I am a nut when it comes to detail and to me things have to be accurate, I've seen alot of flaws and inaccuracy, especially with the 1:18 Tomcat that JSI put out.

Back