Anyone buying less offical stuff and more artist custom stuff?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mas5acre

Super Freak
Reaction score
First off, I am amazed by the quality of sideshow stuff, but I rarely buy it anymore.

My whole collection has mostly switched to hand made artist stuff. I find even sideshow stuff just cant compare to a really talented artist, and I really dont care if something's collectible as long as it looks good. I buy it to be awesome looking not for its value.

My first piece was a Sideshow Lifesize seed of Chucky Doll. I was literally blown away. I have a medicom good guy 2005 too.

My artist pieces though are just about as cool.

I started out with my Holy Grail piece and had a hell of a time finding pieces to go along with it.

Between Ronculus Mogwai and Brian Dunn of Alter ego Dezines. I just love those guys......in a completely hetrosexual manner. Not posting pics cause I'm still waiting on pieces from both artists.

I even bought re-cast model kits of high end collectibles like Neca's lifesize Mohawk and paid for it to be finished and painted. Like I said, it only has to look good and authentic, not be authentic.

I started making my own custom figures. Or I try to stick with one series example; resident evil. Too much money.

Or you can go one step crazier and try to get custom made/ made to order stuff directly from the original artists.

Some of the stuff customizers make on here is sometimes awesome and really good quality and I don't really mind forking out what I spend on a Hot Toys figure!

Back