human spike excl hand question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffylover

Freakzoid
Reaction score
hi,
hoping someone can help me.. i think i have a human spike excl fig.. black nails (with a custom paint job.. not that good) would like to swap out the hands with my reg. spike black glove hands
is it possible to do? they seem pretty solidly attached. i don't want to wreck my mint non excl spike.. any help appreciated, thanks
:cuckoo:

The early SS buck hands were a real pain to pop off. Your best bet is to get a cup of hot water and dip the hands to soften up the hands both before you pull them off and before you put them on. The hand peg is very big and the peghole on the hand is super tight.

I remember they made adjustments when they started the Star Wars line to make it easier to swap and even then they were still very tight sometimes.

Hope that help! :duff

I thought it was the black gloves that were the ex? The first to order them got the black gloves ones?

the first 500 orders got 2 sets of hands, black fingernails and black gloves.
all the rest of the figures got only the black gloved hands
not sure why since as far as I know.. spike never wore black gloves :gah:

The early SS buck hands were a real pain to pop off. Your best bet is to get a cup of hot water and dip the hands to soften up the hands both before you pull them off and before you put them on. The hand peg is very big and the peghole on the hand is super tight.

I remember they made adjustments when they started the Star Wars line to make it easier to swap and even then they were still very tight sometimes.

Hope that help! :duff

thank you.. it does.. but it makes me more nervous about attempting it.. LOL>>>:dunno

Okay, that way around.

He did wear them in one episode, in What's my line (to be able to hold the cross). Weird to make them go with the reg edition. Since they were used once, they should be used in the rare edition.

Hmm I think my Spike is still wearing his gloved hands, I don't know if I ever tried to pop on the second set of hands.

I've swapped mine over. I actually have quite few human faced Spikes now (don't ask *g* ) and If you heat his hand in boiling water for a few seconds it then comes right off without any problem.

thanks all, i really want to give it a try. i've never liked those gloved hands..

Well It's one of Sideshows best likenesses I have to say. The sculpt was created by Oluf Hartvigson re-working a computer scan of JM's head. I suspect one of those that were taken when they did Spikes death scene at the end of Chosen.

I really love the little guy and have a few of them now that I want to eventually customize for characters such as William as seen in Fool for Love and Captain John Hart in Torchwood. :D

I agree Sue. It's really one of the most exquisite face sculpts, and the first piece I ever bought from Sideshow. I could never part with him.

Well It's one of Sideshows best likenesses I have to say. The sculpt was created by Oluf Hartvigson re-working a computer scan of JM's head. I suspect one of those that were taken when they did Spikes death scene at the end of Chosen.

I really love the little guy and have a few of them now that I want to eventually customize for characters such as William as seen in Fool for Love and Captain John Hart in Torchwood. :D

I agree Sue. It's really one of the most exquisite face sculpts, and the first piece I ever bought from Sideshow. I could never part with him.

Almost picked up a Spike today. Couldn't pull the trigger though. :(

Back