Attn: SSC... a 1/6th Chewie with "fur" CAN be done

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
If a fan can pull this custom off, certainly SSC can figure it out:

chewiehaircollage.jpg

chewieoutsidecollage.jpg

The guy who made this is admittedly a friend of mine but I truly think SSC could/should utilize him as a consultant on the inevitable 1/6 Chewie project... especially if they are still having a hard time figuring out how to do him with real "fur".

So, SSC, if you're interested... drop me a PM. ;)

:chew

There was a similar thread a few months back and I posted different pics of what I think are the same custom Chewie. If not mistaken, I even purchased one of his custom Chewie headsculpts as well. It's in resin and well done. Faux fur needs to be added afterwards.

I'm sure this is being studied by Sideshow for both their 12" and PF lines and I sincerely hope that they can make it look good and cost effective.

Chewie is the one figure or PF I would love to own. (then I would need to pick up PF Han as well...) ;)

I'd get a PF Chewie....so long as he doesn't shed all over the other PF's. The cat hair is bad enough.

I don't think he does. Those are old, old pictures. He did post a tutorial on his site at one point. I contacted him long ago and he had stopped making Chewies; just sold the un-furred head.

I think a prototype probably isn't that big a problem. It's more the production version that is ultra-difficult. That's why I think we'll see a PF Chewie long before a 1/6, just because it will easier to mass-produce in that scale.

Those are amazing! Surely SSC can pull it off. What's the process for customizing that?

A 1/4 scale PF Chewie with real fur is such a must-have (for me) that it isn't even funny.

I don't know of any others ever made like that (but there could be I suppose)
and if Sideshow is the first out of the gate with a real fur production 1/4
scale Chewbacca, I believe it will honestly be a Star Wars milestone piece.
Holy grail even, depending upon how it looks, and the edition size.

JS :)

I can't imagine what a production nightmare it would be to produce thousands of those, but I hope SSC can make it happen.

BTW - Wor-Gar - your Chewbacca looks absolutely fantastic. :google
If only it were in 1/4 scale........... :monkey2 :lol

JS :)

Wor-Gar said:
Here's mine...

chewieforpost.jpg

WOW, this is THE Chewie I want! Sideshow, are you checking this out? I'll pay whatever is required for a fully articulated 1/6 Chewie that looks this good!

Back