NEXT Medicom 1/6 figure ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig77

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm starting this thread to try and keep the SSC and RAH lines separate.
as I'm as much a huge fan of the star wars medicom line, as the ssc.

Now as I mentioned in a previous thread, I'm thinking a really neat exclusive would be the white Mcquarrie concept Boba Fett RAH with alternative Johnston helmet design as an exclusive for comic-con or the tokyo toy show .

My other top two are scout trooper and snowtrooper.

What do you think?

I await the inevitable and almost certainly deserved trashing of the figure, whatever character is chosen. I wonder how the Ultimate Fail Luke is selling?

Probably very well in Asia. . .as I assume all Medicom stuff does. Otherwise, they must be run by an eccentric billionaire who doesn't care if his stuff sells. Because it sure as heck don't sell in the "West." Kubricks excepted, of course.

I'm usually not big on the Medicom stuff, but the ROTJ Boba Fett they just released seems to be a pretty big hit.

There are a few exceptions (some Star Wars, Metal Gear), but the vast majority of their 1/6th scale stuff seems to be imported to the U.S. in very low quantities, then to go on clearance anyway.

Yeah, I believe this new Boba is my first Medicom figure since their comic Spider-Man and that was quite a while back.

Medicom armoured figures are so nicely made but recently scale has affected them as ss have caught up
Their human figures have never grabbed me
Boba looks like they might to listening
To issues but I have yet to receive mine

I think it is kind of tasteless to post in this thread with absolute zero intention other than to bash on Medicom. I hope that tapers off.

It is difficult to guess what they will come up with next as they are pretty random. Which is not a bad thing. My own hope is that they do some female figures. Shaak Ti or Luminara Unduli.

I agree, lets try and keep this positive. I'm a huge fan of both the SSC and RAH star wars 1/6th lines. I have every figure in both series to date...all I collect is 1/6th stuff. I understand the price point is a sticky issue with many...however in all fairness QC issues alone between the two lines can justify at least some of the incurred price difference with the RAH line.
From pre-production pics to final product, we can honestly "hopefully" all agree that medicom figures are more "true" through too final production in what is accurately represented in hand too the collector. SSC pre-product pics in general tend to be "better" then what the collector gets in hand, especially with paint apps !!!
Quality of fabrics, also tend to be of better quality and design with RAH, in my opinion. RAH Anakin Skywalker is a perfect example of the quality of fabrics. Compare this figure with any of the Jedi released to date by SSC.
Lastly, I know some on the forum have had issues with their medicom figures, probably feeling more burned given the price point, however I know many have had issues with the SSC line as well, remember the sandtrooper packs...lets be fair.
Both have their pro's and con's.

However the recent release of the Ultimate Luke...I cannot defend...:lol
Even though the light up 1/6th light sabre is cool, I agree the price is outrageous...especially given the face sculpt.

I like where this thread is going. I love medicom stuff hands down. I could go on to bash sideshow for their scale, blank expressions, and balloon size heads but like you said "let's keep this possitive". I gotta give it up to sideshow on getting so many characters out there. I think their realistic paint jobs on the faces make up for the unrealistic expressions. I have only a few sideshow figs only because medicom hasn't come out with them. YET! Emperor, Sidious, Palpatine. I'd love to see a medicom scale Emperor.

My hope is that Medicom will continue and thrive with new figures and more often. Biker Scout would be fantastic. Snow trooper is also a great suggestion. Lets hope they see this and make both.

Female figures would be really cool. How many female medicom figs are there? Movie figs I think only one, Trinity from the Matrix. There are a few Anime figs but do they have the same body as Trinity?

I agree the price point on the new Luke is rediculous. The face sculpt is amazing though. I'd love to see that head on a Medicom Stormtrooper Body. Especially since you can easily change the height of any medicom figure and head swaps are natural.

What I would really like to see is more bounty hunters. Cad bane, Zam Wessel, Bossk, 4LOM since they finally made 3PO and R2. Zuckuss would rock and IG-88. Dengar might be better as a sideshow figure but I have faith in them.

We also have to remember that in order for this line to survive they not only have to make characters that we as collectors like but that also sell. And when I say sell I mean that will do well across the board to all collectors. If that means they have to go back and take up the first Luke so people will stand up and take notice then that's what they have to do. I think a lot of people will buy it for the saber and face sculpt. Yes the price point sucks but if we don't support Medicom now they might not be able to continue. Sure we all love a good deal and want these figures at half price but if we want them to keep producing great figures we have to get on board with what they offer at their price point. I can hear the backlash already. I don't want to pay that much either but I hope you guys see my point. Eventually if they sell enough figures the price may come down for others.
jim

Does anybody know why Enterbay got on board with them to produce this figure?
Jim

The ultimate unison series with enterbay from what I understand is an alliance on several fronts not just the star wars line. Not that my assumptions are factual, I'm wondering if in some way this might be a competitive venture to produce higher end figures, in the event Hot Toys gets more involved with SSC and their star wars line...or completely gets to do a line on their own.

I also wouldn't mind an AOTC Anakin as well. So we can finally see how in the world his cape /cloak is made.

Old Ben would be cool.

Emperor, Biker Scout. I hope the final product on UU Luke changes like 3po did.

Back