Terra Nova on FOX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuka Cola Kidd

Super Freak
Reaction score
Centers on the Shannons, an ordinary family from 2149 when the planet is dying who are transported back 85 million years to prehistoric Earth where they join Terra Nova, a colony of humans with a second chance to build a civilization.

Steven Lang is in it.

IT HAS DINOSAURS!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qvb3H7gKujw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Re: Spielberg's Terra Nova

What good is going that far back in time when a giant meteor will wipe out life on Earth?

Putting Stephen Lang in this and making the trailer that way was a mistake IMO. I didn't take it seriously the second I saw him, I just thought, oh an Avatar ripoff. Its not like the second a studio makes an alien film, 3 others make the exact same movie to try to compete.

What good is going that far back in time when a giant meteor will wipe out life on Earth?

Oops.

It basically sounds like the Gooback episode of South Park.

This is the good version of Avatar, where the REAL hero, is in charge. :lecture

Show looks awesome. I will be taking time to watch this.

:lol..Exactly wtf?

Maybe the idea is Human beings are caught in an ever repeating loop. :lol

We reach the end of times, time travel back to the beginning, only to die, then leave behind traces which lead to evolution and our rebirth, where we ultimately destory ourselves only to travel back in time and start again.

:dunno Maybe the DvDs can come with some LSD tabs.

Huh. Looks interesting enough, hopefully it'll be good and not get canceled after the first season.

It's off by about 20 million years. I don't think that they will last long enough to see a space rock come hurling at them. :lol

The Carno at the end looks amazing! Glad they got paleontologists like Jack Hornor who know what they are doing to work on it.

Looks good so far... I'd be much more interested if this were a stand alone movie though.

Fox delays time travelers and dinosaurs show Terra Nova until Fall 2011

The premiere of Terra Nova, the Steven Spielberg-produced TV show about humans traveling 85 million years into the past to escape their crappy, everything-is-dead present, has been pushed back from May until next autumn.

The reason? Fox needs more time to work on the special effects. Said Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly:

Terra Nova is one of the most ambitious television series ever produced [...] The cutting-edge visual effects used to create the world of Terra Nova, which is of massive scope and scale, require more time to be realized. This aspect of the series is essential, so we are pushing back the special early preview date to give the visual effects team the time needed for their groundbreaking work.

This show will be cancelled in 2 episodes.

And if it's not, they'll bring it back for a second season with a much lamer cast, and crappy music, with almost zero connection to the last season.

Back