Digg relaunch is a major F' up.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamandi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Are there any regular digg users here? Is anyone else as angry about the rollout of the buggy, vastly inferior Digg yesterday? For those who haven't heard Digg published a major update yesterday and it blows.

• Buggy, slow, and crashes constantly. Search barely works.
  • There is no way to effectively monitor discussion threads. You will be unable to see what posts by you have been responded to or digg up. The "My comments" button has disappeared. You cannot bury trolls or ignore users.
  • The Upcoming section is gone, requiring "following" of sites and users to see new content.
  • Mainstream media outlets and power users have been given even more power over the front page than regular users, which is the opposite of what needed to happen.
  • The default homepage is now this "My News" garbage, and cannot be configured or changed.
  • All your favorites have been deleted.
  • Comments from you and your friends automatically pre-empt the main discussion.
  • The yellow/green highlighting of your and your friends' comments is gone.
  • You can't view all comments at once. If there are hundreds, you can't view all of them, period.
  • The comment box is three lines high, not resizable, and types out light blue text on white.
  • Links to comments point the wrong way, and use longer, more confusing URLs.
  • Timestamps have been removed from the main page and all search results.
  • The bury button is gone.
  • The report button is gone.
  • Historical submissions, like the Obama victory thread, the original iPhone announcement, the HD-DVD key scandal, etc., have had their digg counts reset and their comment sections mangled.
  • The color scheme has changed, junking the site's characteristic blue/yellow/green navigation bar for almost pure white.
  • The iconic thumbs up/down have been replaced with generic arrows.
  • Browsing a user's comment history, including your own, is frustratingly hard.
  • All usernames are now lower-case (except for mine, and only because I contacted support about it).
  • The RSS feeds no longer work.
  • All third-party tools that used the old Digg API are now broken.

Anyone else mad about this?

I actively browse digg but I am not an official member. Can't say I like the new UI as much as the last but I am sure I will get used to it.

All third-party tools that used the old Digg API are now broken.

Anyone else mad about this?

If this is actually true that is awful awful design on their part. That is why it is an API so you can easily change out the backend without hurting existing users.

I'm not loving it. Especially since I had an article on there that was getting Dugg like mad, but when the revamp started the numbers died.

Back