The Life Aquatic w/ Steve Zissou

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilboBaggins

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay I'll start off by saying that I am a huge Bill Murray fan so my opinion is slightly biased but The Life Aquatic has to be one of my favorite movies. I love the stop motion, Willem Dafoe, the sub, Zissou himself...amazing. I'm wondering when this is going to hit Blu Ray? Any Wes Anderson fans out there? Favorite one of his movies? Least favorite? I also just finished the Life Aquatic Painting the other day. The Jaguar shark has glow in the dark spots.
39943_1589650066901_1405342844_31575989_4644656_n.jpg

The full size is on my online portfolio at https://www.mycultcanvas.com

Wow, that's an incredible painting! What are its dimensions?

I agree with you on all accounts about Life Aquatic, my favorite Wes Anderson movie and my third favorite film of all time. I have a real passion for it because it really changed my opinions on comedy. This was the first movie that got me into the 'subtle' humor type comedies, such as other Wes Anderson movies, Sideways, Squid and the Whale, etc etc. Before watching this, I was only into the usual Will Ferrell et all comedies.

As for when it'll hit blu ray, Darjeeling Limited is just getting a Criterion blu ray release in Oct, so one can hope that his other films are soon to follow. Bottle Rocket and Royal Tenenbaums are musts as well.

Yep, I'm a big fan of Wes Anderson's films. And I think both Life Aquatic and Darjeeling Limited are sadly underrated movies. I love all the performances.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/H5KfHEoZDKI&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/H5KfHEoZDKI&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I love this movie, my friend and I always quote it but no one ever knows what its from. The story and comedy are solid and the music is cool but I especially enjoy Jeff Goldblum and Michael Gambon's performances. The claymation also sets it apart.

Only seen Life aquatic twice, but Rushmore is one of my favorite movies:exactly:

and here i thought i was the only one who loved this movie! i really like the dry humor and the snarky quips... its def a movie you have to watch more than once. i've seen it a dozen times and i still pick up something new! little things like the dude singing all those david bowie songs in portugese... ESTABAN! ESTABAN!

I really loved ths movie. This one and Rushmore would be my two favorites.

Same here and that's some tough competition though Bottle Rocket, Darjeeling Limited, and Fantastic Mr. Fox are all great!

The thing I love about his movies is that there is so much going on and there is so much attention to detail, that there is always something new to catch. On the Darjeeling Limited behind the scenes they talk about how the details on the walls of the train were hand painted.

Back