Sideshow's Replacement Capabilities

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SSC EX Hunter

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, recently as some of you may know my Obi-Wan PF's saber has broken due to the conector snapping out. I put it back in tried it out and it did not work. I finally called sideshow and they said they would get back to me to see if replacements were available within 3-4 days. The lady on the phone didn't sound like it was impossible, but she did mention that it was released a few years ago. So now I'm on pins and needles waiting. Has anyone here ever gotten replaceent sabers? And how good do you guys think my chances are of getting a new saber from Sideshow?

well i'm looking for honesty and I appreciate it. But the lady sounded like it was pretty possible so im crossing my fingers here lol

I had dropped my binoculars off my luke and part of them chipped and I emailed ask if they had any replacements and they told me no but good luck on getting that.

I'm sorry to hear that. Well this is not the feedback I was hoping for but I want more of it. Any and all input is appreciated. And thank you for the goodluck wish jason it is appreciated haha

Hey guys, recently as some of you may know my Obi-Wan PF's saber has broken due to the conector snapping out. I put it back in tried it out and it did not work. I finally called sideshow and they said they would get back to me to see if replacements were available within 3-4 days. The lady on the phone didn't sound like it was impossible, but she did mention that it was released a few years ago. So now I'm on pins and needles waiting. Has anyone here ever gotten replaceent sabers? And how good do you guys think my chances are of getting a new saber from Sideshow?

They're always polite and positive when dealing with customers and some things are possible. I read that a freak got a Hobbit coat replaced for free after those had been sold out for some time. Though going by how old the piece is you need replacing, I'd say slim and none, and more likely none.

ssss! That felt like a cut sprayed with lemon juice. I will hope for the best and just see what happens. Hopefully the positivity in the nice lady's voice will hold true (crosses fingers). If not I will consider buying one from a freak member if anyone would be willing to sell. "There will be a substantial reward" - Robot Chicken haha

A member sent me an Anakin PF with 2 broken legs & lightsaber and SS gave me a brand new one:hi5: I'd be pretty doubtful about an Obi-Wan saber though since it IS pretty old, but good luck though

ssss! That felt like a cut sprayed with lemon juice. I will hope for the best and just see what happens. Hopefully the positivity in the nice lady's voice will hold true (crosses fingers). If not I will consider buying one from a freak member if anyone would be willing to sell. "There will be a substantial reward" - Robot Chicken haha

Maybe contact one of the members here who've done a custom light-up 1:6 saber for figures and see if there's an alternative for your PF in case the replacement doesn't pan out? :huh

That's some pretty good advice man....perhaps katkuru mite know something. Well hopefully sideshow has it. I should be hearing back from them today or tomorrow. Well please keep the feedback coming :) any other stories are also helful to hear so I can take a guess of what to expect.

I'd agree with the slim to none... you never know as I'm sure they can cannabalize parts from returned/damaged items.

But I do remember another board member a couple years ag with either a broken Kenobi or Vader and he was not able to get a replacement.

They replaced one of may Cap PF's shields and the girder on his base long after he'd sold out, and I didn't even buy it from SS!

How long ago did u get the replacement from when they were sold out. Like how long of a timespan was it? My hopes are finally up! Haha

:( it turns out there are no more replacements. She told me to turn to sideshow freaks. Now I have no problem buying a saber for a more than generous price. If any1s interested send me a pm

Excellent suggestion master Jedi. I wil get to it now haha. But I may send it to a friend of mine n see wat he can do with it. He does a lot of moulding wiring lighting etc. So there's a good chance he can do something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back