New EFX saber reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
modeled after the "stunt" sabers, but if im not mistaken only the Luke is an actual stunt. the rest are just copies of the hero sabers and made with cheaper materials.

I hope they do an Episode 1/2 Obi-Wan and full Darth Maul hilt at some point, I missed out on the MR sabers and I'd really like no Force FX versions of those 2, they're big favorites.

modeled after the "stunt" sabers, but if im not mistaken only the Luke is an actual stunt. the rest are just copies of the hero sabers and made with cheaper materials.
I was thinking that too. Only the Luke ROTJ stunt saber is really worth collecting. The others I'd just rather have a "hero" version.
The stands look really cheap. At lest the MR sabers come with worthy display stands.
I hope they do an Episode 1/2 Obi-Wan and full Darth Maul hilt at some point, I missed out on the MR sabers and I'd really like no Force FX versions of those 2, they're big favorites.

I love mine. :D These are two of my favorite sabers.

Since these are intended to be worn with Jedi costumes and such, and not to be considered prop replicas like the LE sabers MR made before, I think they are a good option. I wish they'd go into blasters as well, but with all the new fire arms regulations I'm not sure this will happen any time soon.

yup gotta love the Obi TPM/AOTC design :rock

obiee1.jpg

spobitpm1.jpg

obiaotc1.jpg

The stands look really cheap. At lest the MR sabers come with worthy display stands.

They do look cheap, but then again they are cheap. Just the MR style cases would probably cost about as much as the entire eFX replica.

I haven't seen these in person, but they do seem pretty cool. I have a few MR things and they're very nice, but I always thought they were too expensive to really go all out collecting them. If you could have something that looked pretty much the same for a fraction of the price, why not? How often do you actually pick them up to feel how heavy they are? Sure, they're not "prop replicas" but the MR stuff was often idealized and/or inaccurate in various ways.

I'm fine with lesser materials and all, my interest in prop replicas is just to have something that pretty much looks like what was used in the movie. As long as the item doesn't break down, cheap materials are fine as long as it looks right. I did a lot of studying of replicas of the Rambo knives when I bought mine and the ones I got weren't best of the best but they look like the props from the movie without breaking out the ruler to judge everything down to the smallest measurement. Same with these sabers, as long as they look very close to the screen props, that's enough for me.

Same here.

I guess they're making Tyranus. I would Like the EP6 Regular Luke, And weathered Kenobi's

At the $99 price point, I'll definately at least purchase one to see how they are before fully getting into this line. I only own 2 sabers from MR (sig. versions of Mara Jade & Luke V2) and I can't wait to compare both lines once I get my first eFX stunt saber.

I think that these are pretty good for the price.

Weren't these initially released for the Museum Replicas costumes, so the entire purpose of this line is to be worn.

Definitely seems like a good option, especially if you are wanting one of the harder to find MR pieces.

Definitely seems like a good option, especially if you are wanting one of the harder to find MR pieces.

That's what I was thinking. I'd love to see them make a Mace, Episode 1 & 2 Obi Wan, and Dooku.

i saw the proto and have to say that the contrast between the two is quite significant.

However, if you want to wear it for trooping, its defin a better option. :D

Back