COBRA Tele-Viper . . . will Sideshow make it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeltaForceChung

BANNED
Reaction score
We got the COBRA TROOPER, COBRA OFFICER, & COBRA SNIPER on the way with possibly of another variation or two . . . maybe.

What is the possibility of Sideshow actually planning and designing a COBRA TELE-VIPER figure?

Would they take the concept and design from the original 3.75" figure or would they simply make it a variation of the COBRA TROOPER equipped with portable SATCOM backpack/gear?

https://www.yojoe.com/action/85/televiper.shtml

A Viper would be awesome. I'm not sure how a Tele-Viper would translate into 1:6 scale, but it would definitely have to be based off the classic design rather than a trooper with different gear.

That seems like so far down the list... I dont think one would get made unless they make this line for 5-10 years.

I would love to see a tele-viper... but first I want an Alley Viper.

Mr. orange and blue can easily wait until we get the Tele-Viper. I was always fond of the Alley's look (color-scheme blew), but TV takes priority.

Agreed.

Comms guys in general seem to get the shaft. Just look at the 25th line - Breaker and Televiper were both pretty crappy, and they didn't do a Dial Tone at all. There seems to be a perception that the Televiper isn't popular, so I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a Sideshow version. If we do, I could see it being drastically different from the original.

Personally, I love the '85 original, and would prefer something that looked like that.

Eh, my preference would be for Alley. Not sure why I have always loved the dude. However I think the Tele-Viper is a lot more popular Cobra character and certainly has a better chance of being made first. Either way I am in though both were favorites of mine.

Cobra Vipers would kick so much ass if they were done with chromed face shields on the helmets and looked almost identical to the cartoon design.

I've always liked the look of Televipers.

IMAG000.JPG

If they make him, I'd prefer Ver. 2. The orange and blue just never made sense to me unless he was fighting that seldom seen Joe, ColorBlind.

V2 wasn't much better with his bright yellow, and I wasn't too keen on his helmet redesign or riot shield either. Basically, they changed everything I liked about v1. I could live with a v1 Alley Viper with more realistic urban camo as long as they drew inspiration from the card art and not the actual figure, but I think the odd color choice might have been one reason I liked him.

Also, on the Alley Viper subject, damn Hasbro for only putting the new 3 3/4" fig in a $40 box set, and damn the secondary market for parting them out and asking $15 a piece for them. :mad:

Back