• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pondering this trade...What's your opinion???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth_Pain

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have a unnumbered Grey Hulk vs Spidey. Spideys finger broke off but, I can glue it back on so you would never know.
I was thinking about trading it for an Excl. Dr. Doom PF or Pumpkinhead maquette. Which ever I could get offered first.
Do you think I should repaint the base, like I did with my custom Green vs Symbiote? Do you think that would bring more offers or less?
Or should I just sell it and try to buy a Doom or Pumpkinhead?

Here's a pic of the 2 pieces so, you can see the difference between my painted base and the factory base.
myCustom089.jpg

Last edited:
I would keep it as original as possible. You probably have a better chance of selling it then buying what you want.

That's what I was thinking. Even though my repaint of the base makes it look more real and actually makes Hulk and Spidey's colors pop. Lots of people prefer completely stock over custom paint.

That's what I was thinking. Even though my repaint of the base makes it look more real and actually makes Hulk and Spidey's colors pop. Lots of people prefer completely stock over custom paint.

Maybe you offer it both ways. Sell it as original or offer to do a repaint on it if the person would want that.

i'd leave it as is, since alot of people think when somethings customized, it was done so to cover something up...

edit: the repaint does look better though imo. really makes the base pop out more. of course i've alwasy been a fan of bases, sometimes more than the characters themselves.
not in this case of course since nottin gets better than hulk and spidey imo

Yeah, your repaint does look way better.

But.. with all the fakes of this particular piece out there, it may make potential buyers think it's not legit. I would leave with the stock paint and offer to repaint it like Something Sexy said.

Unless I bought the Hulk/Spidey originally from SS, I wouldn't want to own it because of all the fakes and because it's such a fragile statue. If you can find a buyer, Doom is a better choice IMO, but I think you may be on short end of that deal financially IMO.

Thanks for the compliments!
I understand about the fakes but, the recasters only recasted the regular dios. This one has the lights and the Grey Hulk bottom plate. It's 100% legit.

Back