Don't Forget the Tip!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the gratuity wasn't provided why should you pay for it. Arrest the pub owners for extortion.

v7gown.jpg

I completely thought this was a different thread by the title.....a bit disappointed.

I accidentally tipped my waitress $40 on a $40 tab last Friday. It was supposed to be a $25 tip, because I was feeling gracious and we had won $25 at trivia that night (bar cash), but she did something weird with the bill, I was a little buzzed, got my math all screwed up, and the next day I realized I had tipped her $40. And this is probably my least favorite waitress at the bar. Nothing I could do about it though.

I accidentally tipped my waitress $40 on a $40 tab last Friday. It was supposed to be a $25 tip, because I was feeling gracious and we had won $25 at trivia that night (bar cash), but she did something weird with the bill, I was a little buzzed, got my math all screwed up, and the next day I realized I had tipped her $40. And this is probably my least favorite waitress at the bar. Nothing I could do about it though.

obama_applause.gif

:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

I'm sure Obama had something to do with it.

Automatic tips on the bill reeks of communism to me, I hate it and would avoid those establishments. I work in a tip job and it has it's ups and downs but I understand if service isn't up to par then the guest shouldn't be forced to tip me anyway.

Automatic tips on the bill reeks of communism to me, I hate it and would avoid those establishments. I work in a tip job and it has it's ups and downs but I understand if service isn't up to par then the guest shouldn't be forced to tip me anyway.

I agree but I used to bartend/wait tables when I was in school. Tips should only be included on the bill in large dinner parties of 8 or more. That's the way it was at every restaurant I worked in. Of course, I was an awesome waiter and had a way of presenting it this way--- I'd straight up tell them 15% is included with the final check, but I'd tell the patrons I provide better than "standard" service and if they agree with me they can always leave a little extra.

~~One year on mother's day I was working a double shift and one of my tables had the entire clan there and it turned out to be a table of 18. The father came to me as everyone was leaving and commented that I was an excellent server. He shook my hand and slipped me another $100 bill. I told him that the tip was included with the check ($75) and he said "I know."

Here why they should have been arrested.

“I understand that, you know, we didn’t pay the gratuity, but it was a gratuity, it wasn’t something that was required,” said Wagner.

Yes it was required dumb ass! LOL!

Back